Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Miss This Man


I miss this man already! We just spent two weeks apart when I visited Summerland, and now he is working out of town for a week :( Last night I froze in my bed because I usually rely on his body to keep me warm through these prairie winter nights;( I made a yummy dinner last night too with his favorite hollandaise sauce and he wasn't here to enjoy it ;( And then I went to kick him to get up with Ava when she woke up the fourth time last night and there was noting on his side of the bed :( I hate being away from him and the hardest thing about it all is that I can't even talk to him, there is no cell reception where he is. So here is to dreaming about the next time we get to see each other.

I also wanted to share what I am reading because it seems appropriate for this post. I am currently reading a book called, 'Power of a Praying Wife' and it is excellent so far. I think so often when we pray, we ray selfishly. Example, 'Please God, let him understand where I am coming from'. But this book talks about praying for our husband unselfishly and first praying for our own heart to change. Dana and I have a great relationship. I am not saying that we are in trouble at all, but we are always keeping ourselves in check and maintaining our healthy relationship any way we can. It's a great book!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Awww, it is hard to be apart from your best friend for that long, I know! It sure reminds you how much you love your man and how much you miss him when he isn't around... I guess absence does make the heart grow stronger :)