Saturday, February 9, 2008

Film Review Fridays

Well, it seems like everyone is starting themes on their blogs. Kaili, has many good ones: Through Your Eyes, Baby Talk Tuesday, ect. And Angella has Wordless Wednesdays and Foto Fridays. So I thought I would start Film Review Fridays. This week I will be reviewing 2 movies I saw recently.

The first movie being, 27 Dresses, starring Katherine Heigl and directed by Anne Fletcher. This is an excellent girlie movie perfect for a bride to be, a bridesmaid, or any gal who just wants to see a good chick flick. Now, as you will quickly learn, I love movies and I rarely will give a bad review. However, I will be honest that this very comical, but human comedy is probably one that your guy will want to miss. Maybe take a girlfriend instead. You can save yourself all the boy sarcasm and go with someone who will appreciate this movie for what it is. A heart warming romantic comedy. I give this movie 3.5 popcorns out of a possible 5. It's funny, heart warming, sweet, but ultimately not life changing.

Basic Plot: Exactly what the title describes. A 30 something gal who puts everyone else's needs before her own, being the perfect bridesmaid. Throughout all the wedding chaos, she busies herself so she doesn't have to focus on her loneliness driven by the idea that love is a fairy tale. But ultimately finds romance in something unexpected, but real.



The next movie on review today is The Bucket List, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. This movie is hands down a must see. It's thought pervoking, sweet, funny, and over all a very human film about finding out what life is really about. You can watch this movie with anyone, at any point in your life, at any time and if it doesn't make you look at your own life and think about what truly is important..... well then you must be living in denial. One thing I absolutely loved about this movie is it's way to take big life questions, and make them fun and heart wrenching at the same time. My favorite part of this movie was when the two actors are sitting in a sunset on top of a pyramid and Freeman asks Nicholson two questions egyptians were asked when their life was through:
1. Do you have joy in your life?
2. Do you bring joy to others?
This movie is 5 popcorns out of a possible 5. I LOVED it.

Basic Plot: Two cancer patients realise that they are dying and create a list of things to do before they die or 'kick the bucket', called the bucket list. In the process of actually completing things on the list they change each other and help each other realise what is really important in their lives.

___________________________________________________________________
*Disclaimer*
I am not a movie expert by any means, I just watch a lot of movies and have knowledge based on working in my family owned movie business for 7 years. Everyone has different tastes and I will not promise that you will like the movies I like. I wanted to have a disclaimer because everyone else does and it makes me feel cool :) I'm lame I know!



2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Not lame. I like your disclaimer ;)

Mel said...

I am so sorry I forgot to tell you I recieved the GORGEOUS tote bag you made just before christmas. It was a really nice surprise, just for me....I lost your email though! Love the new banner, feeling you on the whole BC gig too. I moved away from the coast, at 19 to go to school in cow town, I missed it and the climate more than I can express. We have made sacrifices such as living in a one bed and den with a baby soon. Anywho, gotta do what feels right.