Monday, February 11, 2008

Ava Lily Stays Up

Sometimes I swear our little girl stays up at night just so she can have some one on one time with her mom and dad, especially her dad. Last night after Kynan was asleep, she started singing in her crib, so I went to go get her bottle and put her back to sleep. However, when I walked into her room she was sitting up and laughing, no way she is going to bed right now. I brought her into the living room and let her play at our feet while we watched a movie (check out Fridays for reviews). She crawled around playing with various things and then, when things got too quiet, I looked down to see where she was. On the other side of the coffee table, I saw these two little eyes (and nothing else) watching us. I wish I had a picture because it was SO funny. Her two little eyes darted between Dana and I and you could tell that she was smiling. She continued to play and half way through our movie Dana got all gourmet and decided to make some pasta. He cooked up a huge dish, delicious. He gave Ava some plain pasta while we ate the fancy stuff. We pulled Ava's high chair into the living room and continued watching our movie. Not too much longer after, Ava started to skwak. She was reaching for my bowl. I have her a noodle with sauce on it and she gobbled it down. She had a whole tray of plain noodles, but she wanted the good stuff. I sat her on my lap while Dana lovingly fed her his pasta. She loved, often smiling and laughing between bites. She didn't get to bed until 10pm, but we had so much fun with her when she stays up.

No comments: