Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brain Fart

So many things to share that I thought I would just brain fart all over your screen. Hope it's not too stinky.

1. My day was made today when I read this post Kaili made about fabric diapers. The good sense of clothe with the convenience of disposables (actually flushable). I am so excited that my mission in the next few days is to scower all the natural stores in the city to try and find them.

2. I actually had fun this morning at no other than Costco. But I will say that whenever I go into that money pit of a store I always end up spending 3x more than I expect too. I met my girlfriend there and we concluded our shopping extravaganza with lunch and a playtime at Tots Cafe. You moms in Regina would love this, a cafe, with a huge play area and toys for kids, big leather couches for moms to chat and have a specialty coffee. Perfect. And even more perfect when the playdate ends when your own tot asks to go home and go to sleep. Yay!

3. I am a single parent again for the next three days while Dana works out of town again. I miss him, but to be completely truthful it is nice to have time to myself, especially at night, to read, play on the computer, watch something other than sports, and have long hot baths with no one poohing beside you. Of course all of this is done at night after the babes are asleep, if they go to sleep.

4. We had a great long weekend. Our first 'Family Day' long weekend. I spoke at our church this weekend about family and how family comes in many forms. I was a little nervous, but it was so nice to be up on stage speaking again. I totally miss it. Then we went to Ben and Teena's for dinner on Sunday night for bible study and conversation. It was alot of fun. On Monday, we painted our basement (hoping pictures to come soon) and had dinner at our adopted Aunty Peggy's house. A turkey dinner. Yum. I will add here that I am giving up desserts and sweets for lent so I had a second helping of turkey to make up for it ;)

5. Now the big thing on my mind, whether to move back. Dana has been offered a pretty sweet deal with his previous employer ending with the possibility of him owning his own company doing what he loves. Plus, the generous offer from Grandpa Al to help build a house, two dreams rolled into one. And not to mention that I think Summerland will always be home to me. I think Dana and I would move back at this point if we could find a lot for reasonable. We have looked at houses and for what we could build for, buying a house just doesn't make sense. So please pray that something comes up so that we can just make up our minds already. Now, that is not to say that I don't love Regina. I do. There are things here that are not back home that I will miss terribly if we leave, but we can't live in both places and a decision has to be made.

That's about it. So have a happy tuesday as I run upstairs to tend to my screaming baby. Chow.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Susie-

Just a few things to tell ya.

#1 - gDiapers apparently aren't sold anywhere in Regina yet so don't spend your precious time looking. ;) I've actually heard they aren't available anywhere in Canada and you have to order them from the U.S.

#2 - I wish I would have known that you liked Tots Cafe! I had a pass for 10 free entrance fees that I just got rid of today since I won't be going back. Nuts!

Good luck with the single parenting, the decision about moving, etc. You guys have had so much on your plate this past year- I can't wait until you can feel settled and relaxed and AT HOME, wherever that may be.

Jen said...

Oops. I meant gDiapers aren't available in Saskatchewan, not Canada. I had a friend who was looking into them too. I guess they are available in B.C. and the will slowly have them available across the rest of the country, as per their website.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.