Thursday, February 7, 2008

Summerland Surprise

My only regret was not getting any pictures of the lake while I was out there... Let's just say that I am having troubles learning to use my SLR camera so it usually stays in the bag. But here is the picture update all the same.






































































































































Well, for those of you who are curious how my visit out to Summerland affected our decision to move or not. Here is that update. I spent my two weeks spending time with family and friends who I of course miss. It was so nice seeing my niece and nephew and how much they have grown. Family dinners and of loads of laughter. Not to mention all the things I miss about Summerland, like the Beanery, the Bakery, Zia lunches (who know us by name... LOL), the lake, the mountains. I also spent time talking to Al (my father-in-law) about building a house. We looked at lots, drew up some basic plans, talked about possibilities, and even went to the bank to find out numbers. All seemed very positive. The two major reasons why Dana and I are considering moving back is this opportunity to build AND Dana's job. He misses the work he was doing and the people he worked with. Plus it seems that there is more opportunity in the field of work he wants to pursue. Those are two major reasons, plus we get the bonus of family and friends. It was a dream speanding time with my mom, creating, sewing... she even taught me to knit! All these things would be there all the time if we lived there. My mom asked if I felt at home there, and I have to admit I did. It felt like Dana was the one that was away and I was at home waiting for him to return. BUT then yesterday I returned to Regina with the intention to convince Dana that this is the definitely the better choice... to build, but I was shocked how this felt like home too. The sun was shining, snow was glistening ... the prairies gleamed with beauty. The Okanagan is beautiful too, they both are... just different. I didn't miss the mountains nor the lake, but I didn't miss the wide open spaces either. They both feel right. Is that possible. And then I think about, again, all our friends here and our awesome church and I imagine life without them and it makes me very sad. For the first time in my life, I feel like people know me for me and like me. They want to spend time with us. As much as possible. They have become a huge part of our lives, even in this short amount of time that we have been here. So I am torn again. They both are a dream, a house and a job..... Friends and a church. I am so confused. If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray that God will guide us to the decision that He wants for us. So that's the update on 'the decision'. Hope you enjoyed the pictures because my confusing ramblings are definately blah!!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Summerland. It was too bad the weather wasn't better to visit on the Coast. Darn snow! We're sad that we didn't get to spend some time with you 3. May is a long way off and huge changes will take place with the little ones.

With decisions just "wait and allow". Doors and opportunities will open and you'll know when the time is right & what to do.

"Just be" and enjoy the "now" right at this moment in time.

Kaili said...

I agree with Sue, just chill, you'll know either way. OR make a dream board of all the things you guys want in your lives, what are important.