Monday, August 27, 2007

For the last 2 days we have been out of touch as we have been out camping in the boonies. Well not really..... unless you call a provincial park the boonies. We travelled out to a little gem about an hour outside Regina called, Echo Lake. Jen and Jordan recommended it. And I have to say they did not disappoint. It really was beautiful with awesome private sites. We spent most of our days walking, playing at the park, reading books, hiking, sleeping, going to the market, playing mini golf .... all the regular camping stuff. We lucked out with great weather and were looking forward to some swimming; however, we took one look at the beach and opt'd not. It was covered... and I mean covered in dead skeleton fish. The lake looked like it would be great for fishing as they were jumping all night; however, I believe the birds had their first pick and they took advantage. It was good to get away... but it is always good coming home.

In other news.... I always thought that one of the perks of breast feeding was that you remain 'infertile' while you are soley breast feeding. At least that is what I have been told, but I have yet to experience this first hand. With Kynan, it only took 2 months before I was able to 'conceive' again. And now again with Ava. At least I made it to 3 months. I guess it's good, but I was looking forward to a few more months friend free.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun...I was also mislead about the "friend" issue...everything was back on track when Olyviah was a month old...Lucky us!!

Elizabeth said...

The camping experience sounds great. Glad you had fun, and sorry gotta comment here about my personal experience. That's fast! I guess everyone is totally different, though, as I didn't get my "visit" until I weaned Hunter, at 16 months!

Kaili said...

Camping sounds like fun!

I hope you don't think that you are SAFE from NOT getting pregnant while soley breastfeeding at any point. You can get pregnant BEFORE you get your period back. I think we have talked about this before, but thought I'd mention it.
That's sucks!