Thursday, August 16, 2007

The New Prairie Dogs


Tears softly rolled down my cheeks as we drove away from the town I called home my entire life. Away from the familar, away from the known, away from the people I love. Towards the mystery, towards possibility, with the man I adore. So many thoughts running through my mind. Excitement, paint colours and decorating, new friends, an adventure. Uncertainty, will I like the city, will I like our new house, will I make friends. And of course heart break, family not close, no more long jons or emu walks, pizza at the beach, too many to list. All of this runs through my mind as we drive away. But alas we arrive in one peace with dried tears and are officially 'prairie dogs'.


I miss you family. Everyday. As exciting as it is to be starting this new chapter, it is sad that I cannot share this excitement with you except over the phone or via internet. We look at your pictures everyday and please please please know that you are loved... 'you' know who 'you' are.


Pictures to come........

5 comments:

*M* said...

So good to hear from you and know you have settled. As someone who has moved away from home, I know just how you feel. I promise it gets better, be strong lovely.

Kaili said...

We miss you guys EVERY moment! Miss you guys were at Mom and Al's camp last night we were laughing our asses off playing cards!

Amanda Brown said...

I'm glad you're getting settled in the new place and that you get to start this new adventure. See you in Oct. :)

Trisha said...

It is so good to hear from you! We miss you to. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place and hear all about it... I admire your strength Susan, I know it must be taking a lot of it at the moment, but I know you'll be embedded into the community in no time :)
Love ya! *Hugs from Greg and I*

wandi said...

Welcome to the prairies Susy, Dana, Kynan, and Ava. God bless you. Hope you are settling in fine. Look forward to meeting you.