Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two Lovers, Bath Time & the 'Eye'

Abby chasing Kynan down the slide.

Jen introduced us to this amazing park not too far from where we live. It overlooks a very adorable pond, there are tennis courts, a water park, and a bike trail that circles the entire city. The part I love the best is that the ground is a soft rubber. No gravel or sand to get caught in shoes or push strollers through, just this awesome rubber that softens your falls and hugs your feet as you walk on it. AND the play structure is very kid friendly with almost everything on it accessible for Kynan. Thanks Jen for showing us this hidden playground haven.

Abby being just so adorable.

On his tummy... a new discovery.


Peek-a-Boo, I see you!



I love this picture... Kynan looks like a monkey and Abby is lovingly gazing at him.




Ava loves her bath. She could be down right grumpy, but if you strip her down and plunk her in the bath or any type of water, she calms right down. Yesterday was a great example. No matter what I did, I could not sooth her so we jumped in the tub. She lights me up.





The only time she will go on her tummy, when it's on mommy.






Ava's giggle are priceless.








Kynan's funny face. I think he is trying to pull a Grandpa Hoblak trick. Too funny.









Me today. Yesterday, I woke up with a sore eye, but continued my day as if it would go away. By last night my whole eye was so puffy I could barely see through it. Dana insisted I go see a doctor, so I went first thing this morning to see an optometrist and my suspicions were confirmed... I have a sty. I hate that word. It sounds so unhygienic. It kills, but the doctor says heat compress and washing it out 3 times a day will make it go away in 3-4 weeks!!!! WHAT!!! I have to love with this ugly, painful, disgusting STY for 4 weeks?!?!?! So today I have been compressing the hell out of it and it actually seems to be going down quite a bit. With my luck, I'll get rid of it in a week. Here's to hoping. Like my very sexy, model quality pic? I know... I'm sexy.










8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no Susie! Sorry the eye did turn out to be something. Get well soon.

The kids (both yours and mine) are adorable. :)

Sue said...

Love the pics, Kynan and Abby look like they're having a wonderful time!

So Ava is a water baby eh? She comes by it honestly, you too love the water.

With your sty, you could try "Eyebright". You'll find it at a health food store for sure, either loose or in bags, make a tea then use it as a compress - your sty will heal quicker.

Happy healing

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are terrific! I hope that your eye heals much more quickly than the doc says...

Karen Mayer said...

Love the pics of the kids. Cannot beleive the changes in Ava in just a couple of weeks. Miss you all

Kaili said...

I was just going to tell you about eyebright and saw that Sue did. Cool! Yeah it's like MAGIC for eye "stuff".
Great update, keep the pics coming!
We miss you!

karen said...

I love that one of you and Ava.

And the one of Kynan and Abby.

(Your long hair looks so sexy! It's great!)

Amanda Brown said...

I LOVE your long flowing hair. Don't cut it, OK? It makes you look so beautiful.

wandi said...

Hope your eye feels better soon. Your babies are gorgeous. As well as my little granddaughter. It looks like Kynan and Abby had a great time together at the park.