Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas with the Clan

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year. Filled with magic and excitement, thankfulness and giving, and yummy food and wonder. It was exactly that in the Clan's household.

"Look at me! I'm a big girl!"

Kynan getting hopped up on shortbread.


Everyone getting their hands in the decorating process on Christmas Eve.


Dana indulging.


Ava attempting to crawl. Almost! Note: She is wearing Dana's old sleeper.


Kynan and I cuddling, watching 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'


The wonder of Christmas morning. Santa has been here!


"Look at my loot, mom!"


"I get it! You rip and then eat the paper, right?"


And only my husband would do this.... build an ice rink in our back yard. He spent all week after Christmas putting his baby together. Late nights went into flattening the snow, building the walls, and flooding the yard. It was the only time this winter we hoped for -30 temperatures to help freeze it faster. But the expression on Dana's face when he was finished, was priceless. Such pride. Kynan, of course, is getting much use of it too with his new bob skates.

A great teacher and an excellent student.

8 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

That rink looks AMAZING!! What fun.

Cindi said...

My dad used to build us a rink in our back yard too! It was awesome! We used stacking stools to hold onto when we were learning how to skate. They worked really well. Your pictures bring back such good memories for me! Thanks! And Happy New Year!

Kaili said...

We had a rink in our backyard in Abby, that's weird to think. Your new one looks AWESOME! Ava is HUGE!

Audrey said...

Wow. Good work Dana. That looks like an awesome rink.

Kathy said...

Looks like a great Christmas Susie!

kyla said...

Havent checked your blog in awhile, just got all caught up, Ave is growing beautifully, im glad to hear you all had a good christmas, and the rink is very impressive! Happy newyear!

Joyce said...

that rink is awesome! seriously...it's meticulous!

wandi said...

What a fantastic rink in the back yard. Could I come over and slide on it in my shoes? When I am feeling better mind you. Glad you had a great time.