Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ava Lily Flowers

As Ava approaches her 8th month (holy crap!) I can't help, but reflect over the last 7. It has been a whirl wind. Her birth being very 'late' and within a few weeks we were packing up to move half way across the country (yikes!). Then immediately arriving at our new home starting renovations. It has been like starting a whole new life with her and our family. Because so much was happening when she was really little, I can't help, but feel like I missed so many snuggles and cherishing her babiness. But things quickly changed once we got into a routine and settled. It seems like she was always smiling. Ava has this smile that lights up a room. She gives you this look and then usually smiles so big and barries her head into your shoulder. She doesn't laugh as much as she smiles, but when she does you're a little surprised. Looking at her you would think she has this little girly giggle, but she is more of a boisterous laughter. It's rather funny. Lately, she has learned to click her tongue so she is always clicking away. She also loves playing peek-a-boo. She'll hold a blanket over her head and when you say 'where's Ava?' she'll quickly put the blanket down and giggle. She also loves 'grrrr'ing. She will 'grrr' with Kynan for hours (well, at least 5 minutes ;). Kynan loves singing to Ava and she has been trying to sing along. It is hilarious listening to the two of them 'sing'. She is almost crawling. She gets up on all 4's, rocks back and forth, and then lunges forward. After that though, she gives up and just rolls to where she wants to go. And as far as food, it seems like she has a bit of my genes as she loves to eat. Yesterday we went out for dinner as a family, and she sat there the entire time and just ate whatever we put in front of her. But when she is done, she is DONE. And you can't get her home quick enough. Her sleeping has improved leaps and bounds. She use to never sleep. I think she would sleep for maybe 4 hours at night and only nap once during the day. And I have to say, I was definitely looking 'weary'. But lately she has only been getting up once or twice and sleeping until 9am unless she is woken up. I am taking advantage. She is such a joy and I love her so incredibly much. Lately, she has been so cuddly too. And for those of you who know Ava know that that is a rarity. So every chance I get I cuddle her. She was really sick one day last week and wouldn't sleep or be put down. I held her for the entire day. It was heaven.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It does go by so fast, doesn't it. My baby is now just over 7 months, and with 2 other kids and a move of our own...it did seem to go by fast for us as well. Glad to hear you are getting more sleep. I'm still up once or twice in the night with Shea and feeling weary. But I know it'll end soon. He's starting to eat a lot of food as well.
Ava has a great little grin...super cute.