Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Grateful

This Christmas I can't help, but sit back and be grateful for all we have. We are so blessed to have 2 healthy children. I remarked to Dana the other day that we have yet to endure illness with Ava (knock on wood), and Kynan seems to be handling his asthma very well with diet control and environmental control. He too has not endured any major illnesses or injuries as of yet (again knock on wood). This Christmas I thought we would be alone, :(, but my parents came out to spend the holidays with us :) It has been so nice having them here, relaxing, playing cards, playing with the kids and sharing in common Christmas traditions. Of course we miss the rest of our family, but we are grateful that they are seemingly happy and healthy and had a good Christmas. We are grateful to be in a family that enjoys giving and we were very blessed with what we recieved this year. The kids are now dressed for the year and have enough toys and blankets to last them longer. The amazement and wonder that I saw in both my babes this year was also a truly wonderful gift in itself. I have to admit that one of my favorite gifts this year was the red vines I got from Grandma Hoblak or Carleen (can't remember) and the 'Chiroman Name tag' I got from Mike (pics to come). As overwhelming and chaotic as Christmas was, it was still a very special day and we stopped to honor the true meaning of Christmas by talking to Kynan about Jesus and reminding him why we celebrate. Anyway, thank you to all of you who made our Christmas extra special by your thoughtful gifts and wonderful warm wishes. We are so grateful for you and love you emensley. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

wandi said...

Merry Christmas dear Susie. I'm so glad that your parents could be with you this year. I missed seeing you at the Christmas Eve service. I hope you are all feeling better. Tiff, Abby, Jordan, Jo and myself have been sick with the cough and cold , over the last several days. God bless you and your family. I pray all goes well and many blessings in the new year. I am so happy that you are here. Love ya.
Wandi

Bloggy Mama said...

Merry Christmas. Thanks so much for the burpies ;)