Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Twisted, Excited, sad.... What to Feel???

So I have to be honest with this post, and may excite and upset a few people. Dana and I have been toying with the idea of possibly......... moving back to Summerland. Now before anyone jumps for joy or bursts into tears, I did say maybe.

There are so many things to consider, from everything back home to everything here. We moved out here with the intention of giving it a shot, but also with an open mind that it may not work for us. I cried alot when we first moved and missed my entire family muchly. I think I asked Dana a million times a week, 'Why did we move?', with my puppy dog eyes mounded with tears. It was hard on Dana, but he always reassured me that when I made some friends, things would change. And they did. I have met some truly beautiful people who I already feel very close to. Who have made an effort to get to know me and spend time with me and my two children. We have found an amazing church family and feel like our talents are being utilized there. I actually was asked to do a monologue for the church, which is exciting and funny because I am not an actor, but I LOVE public speaking- so it should be good. And Dana is helping with some rewiring stuff. So again, talents being used. BUT then..... I think about home. And Summerland will always be my home. I grew up there in the same house walking the same streets from the time I was born to the time I was 24 (minus the few years I was in Kelowna). My heart really is in Summerland. Always has been. Not to mention all of our family, friends, great jobs, and opportunity was there. But expensive. Very expensive.

On top of everything, I have no idea where God wants us to go. A part of me thinks that we need to stay here and see where it leads and the other part of me thinks that God is pushing us back to Summerland.

So all in all, I feel twisted, excited and sad today. If you are a Christian, please pray that God will guide our hearts as to what road to take. If you are not, please send your positive thoughts...... arrrgghhh....... don't you hate decision making???

9 comments:

TheAgars said...

Why move back so soon? Work not going well for Dana? My thing is this, you can't truely have exhausted all your possiblities in your new place that quickly...so other than lonliness what would possess you two to consider packing up and moving back? I hate to say this, but you need to give it time...and I mean one to two years time. If JB and I had moved back after one year like he wanted to, we would have missed so many opportunities and growth...I was sad and lonely, and miss family. Heck I lived up here for two months alone, with no friends...before JB even moved up. You have to step back and ask why...why do you really want to move back...Family? Well, hate to say this, but you and Dana and the kidlings are your family-you have to sever the ties at some point and live for each other and not everyone else. Find yourself before you go back to have others tell you how to find yourself. Learn to live alone with YOUR Family, before depending on the rest to make your happiness. Not that I don't think family is important, but they'll be there and love you no matter where you are...Okay, said my peace...Cousin out...Love Mel

Jen said...

Hey Susie,

I can't say I'm at all surprised to read this. Jordan and I actually wagered that you guys would move back within a year or two. ;)

That being said- I do think you guys have fit in beautifully here. You have made some wonderful connections, gotten yourselves involved, etc.

I like Mel. I have no idea who she is but I like her. I completely agree that you, Dana, Ava and Kynan are your "family". The four of you are who counts. Of course- if all 4 of you miss your family and would be better off back in Summerland - than so be it.

I do think that you need to stick it out for atleast a year. We wish we would have tried a little (a lot) harder to stay in Summerland. I'd say the best bet would be to think it through again at the end of the summer.

But, there is something about the place we all call "home" that will pull at our hearts forever. And I know how close you and Dana are to your families.

Whatever you choose- best of luck!

Bloggy Mama said...

I just want to wish you luck in whatever it is you decide to do. I'll be praying for God's guidance in your decision.

Lindsay said...

HI Susie,
I can completly understand how you feel. I moved to my small town from Regina, and I constantly second guess myself. I miss my family alot, but I made a plan to stay for 3 years, and I'm really hoping I can do it.
Believe me when I say that I will be praying for you that you can figure out what is best for your family.

Sue said...

I agree with cousin Mel. Holy Moly, you just got there! It hasn't even been 6 months.

What was your reason for moving back East to begin with? Would you be able to do what you're doing now by moving back? Would you be moving back because "it's familiar in Summerland" and its not quite familiar yet where you are?

You had said to me a long time ago that sometimes we need to do things for "our family" - (meaning husband and children that we live with day in and day out because that's what's best for us. Not what "others" want us to do).

If you guys are making change, what the hell, why not move to the "wet" coast, I mean west coast!

Truth be told, I know that you and Dana will weigh your options and come up with what works for the 4 of you. And yes, in all honesty, it would be nicer to have you closer, not that I want that to be part of your decision making process because, "guilt" or "expectation" should not weigh in on your decision.

We send you hugs from the coast. :)

Vicki said...

I think this is the second time I say this today (the first to someone else you know)...I have a pretty good idea of what you're feeling. I've been there. Recently. We did decide tomove back and it is great. We were gone a year and a half. Made some fantastic friends and amazing memories. I will pray for you guys. I really do understand how these decisions can be hard. Especially with a child and new baby (again...wierd, but I was in the exact same boat).
I have no advice because only you and Dana know what is best for you. I just know that you both have to be on the same page whatever you decide.

kelle said...

Susie, you and Dana are in my prayers. You need to follow God's leading. I have appreciated your friendship and hope that you will be here for a long time. And I know that Mike has appreciated getting to know both you and Dana. However, I know that if you and Dana do decide to move back, it will be because God has told you. Your in my prayers!!

Kaili said...

Wow, I kinda heard this through the grape vine and I'm pretty sure you guys know where we stand as far as how friggon excited we would be to have you back. The cousins would have a blast. We can't make anyone do anything, so what you guys choose, you choose.

I think it's funny when people stick themselves in "a plan" and make themselves feel like crap if they don't stick to it. Who gives a poop. Life is too short, do what you want, be where you want to be when you want to be there. Screw "plans"!!!!

Jen said...

oh! I like what Kaili said too. Looks like I'm on the fence on this one ... ;)