Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Boy is 3!


This time (BC time) 3 years ago I was giving birth to our son, Kynan. It was such an amazing experience filled with such joy. I still remember the utter relief I felt the moment he was born and asking Dana not to leave his side. As they wrapped him up and handed him to me I fell in love. Just when you think you can't love something as much, your heart grows. Kynan quickly gathered many names, Mr. K, K-Boy, Monkey Man, Goober... too many. Even as a baby, he was such a character. He use to blow kisses right from day one, he loved to snuggle and nurse, and he was definately a momma's boy. So warm, so loving. I remember him quickly growing, and starting to eat at only 5 months. I was so amazed and he already wanted to eat by himself. He was growing so independant. When we realised that he was walking, it was a few weeks shy of Christmas and was so exciting. He quickly learned to run and then sprint. And it was hard keeping up with him after that. He has always been obsessed with cars, trucks, and mighty machines. And still is.

But really, I want to tell you what an amazing boy he is now. He is such a talker and loves showing people his toys and what cool new tricks he can do. For example, today he showed me a break dancing move he mastered and then told me about a bunch of dinosaurs he learned about. He is full of humor and will definately be the class clown. I love this little man so much. He has brought such light and clarity to my life. He frustrates me, makes me laugh, tries my patients, and loves me when I'm down. He makes me a bigger person. I am so thankful for the gift that he is to me, our family, and ultimately this world.

Happy Birthday, little man. Know you are loved.

2 comments:

wandi said...

Happy birthday Kynan. What a wonderful sweet boy you are.

Bloggy Mama said...

Happy Birthday Kynan!