Monday, November 3, 2008

Have you met my friend .... Ralph?!?!?!?

My mom will hate that I used this as my title being that my late Grandpa's name is Ralph, but it just seemed to fit what our family has been feeling lately.

All day yesterday I felt nauseous and achy, but we wanted to have a fun filled day with the kids. So we ventured to Walmart and let them fill up an Operation Christmas Child box. We did one boy and one girl. Dana was extra generous, which was odd to me as he usually has very tight strings to his wallet. We did a Cars theme to the boys box of course, filling it with matchbox cars, a monster truck, a colouring book, crayons, facecloth, soap, toothbrush, comb, and even shorts and Tshirt. The girls one was filled with a barbie, carebear, an outfit, hair elastics, and the same as the boys essentials. Then we went to Chillies for lunch (our new favorite resturant). Dana had a full slab of ribs, and I had a caesar salad. I think I ate half before I ran to the bathroom. Dana smiled at me and said "Thanks for toughing it out, but let's go home and get you better." So we went home and I crashed for 4 hours, getting up randomly to go.... well... ralph. Last night was the toughest though. I was up sick, then Kynan started.... I am so thankful that Ava and Dana seem to be bypassing this bug.

Today, my stomach is still doing flips and flops and I am lying comatose on the couch while Dana is out with the kids. I am so thankful for Dana. He has been so loving. Making me tea, soup, rubbing my feet, my back, drawing me baths, and the biggest favor of all... looking after the children. Kynan shows no sign of sickness today which gives me hope that soon I may be on the mend.

So until later....

7 comments:

Jen said...

Is this why we didn't get together today? haha. I'm glad you stayed home. Get well soon.

Trisha said...

Aww sorry to hear that. The stomach flu is going around here out in BC too, it must be the time of year. I hope you feel better soon.

Jen said...

Also wanted to comment on Chili's being your new favorite restaurant. An example of "something for everyone" since I think it's about the most disgusting food you can get in the city. Terrible! haha.

Lindsay said...

Sorry to hear that your not feeling well. How was your Halloween? Did you go trick-treating or did you stay home. HOpe you start to feel better soon!

Sue said...

Hope you and Kynan are feeling better soon! Peppermint or Ginger tea will help calm the stomach if you like either one.
By the way, we have 4 generations of "Ralph's" in our family. Must be a name from days past.

Carleen said...

Hi there! Sad to hear you and Kynan are sick. BUT glad to hear you filled up the Shoe Boxes, the children and I enjoyed doing that for many years. I must get a few the next time I drive through Timmies...saw your Mom and Dad the other morning they seemed happy and healthy!
Hugs all around!
Hope you and Kynan are on the mend!
Love you ~4~.
Mom/Carleen/Baba.

wandi said...

I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you feel better real soon!