Monday, November 24, 2008

Please Untie the Knots

I am in Summerland right now with my family as we prepare for Calvin's funeral. This has been a bittersweet time. Obviously I wish my visit was under different circumstances, but it still is nice to see my family- especially my new neice Georgia. She is perfect in everyway.

However, this experience of coming back and grieving with my family has been very hard. I don't think my stomach has untied since arriving and my eyes are red from crying so much. I am thankful for the family and friends who has been so supportive, but there has still been some unneccessary stress since arriving. Making this experience even more difficult than it has to be.

I really just wish that this feeling in my stomach would go away and that I would feel at least calm. Maybe not happy right now, but calm.

I miss Dana so much and really wish he was here. He truly seems to be the one person who knows just what to say to bring me back down. I try and imagine his hand on my chest, hugging me, but he seems so far away. I can't wait to return home.

Please continue praying for my family, especially Shane and Margaret. As we near Calvin's funeral I am sure things will be especially hard. Nothing can describe this pain, and I am not the parent of this lost child. I cannot imagine how they must be feeling. Thank you for you prayers and support, you know who you are, and God bless.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Susie, I am praying for you to be calm and for your family to have some peace during this time. My thoughts are with you!

Kathy said...

Praying God's comfort during this most difficult time!

kathiel said...

This is way too much information - good luck!