Monday, October 20, 2008

So Busy...

Life in the prairies has been so busy lately. We have had something on the go every night for last two weeks. I am loving it, but it's also the reason you haven't seen much of me. To give you a general update and in no particular order:

  • Dana got a job! And he had his first day today. He is working with a commercial electrical company and he loves it. He says the people are great and the work is interesting. It has definitely been an answer to a prayer as he has been looking for two weeks and we were starting to feel a little desperate. It's a perfect fit.
  • Kynan started pre-school last week and he is loving it. He is making new buddies and is learning about the world of colours. I think his teach is colour blind though. Last week Kynan came home saying he learned about purple and that cranberries were purple?!?! LOL! I think he meant grapes.
  • Ava is doing (truth be known) not so good. She is a little quick tempered girl, VERY strong willed and independent. Yesterday she ripped her jacket out of my hands and said NO! By the way that is new favorite word. One minute she is happy and smiling so sweetly, and the next her face is contorted in an all out shriek. Fun! However, even saying that, she has her moments where she melts my heart. She is starting to really jabber up a storm. Speaking often in full sentences (in a language I don't understand). She is all about the snuggles and kisses (sometimes). I think she is now realising we are here to stay and is most likely adjusting. I am praying that it will pass. At least the shrieking. I think she will always be a strong willed child.
  • Dana and I went to a leadership seminar at the church this weekend, which we both loved. I have been to several leadership workshops, but never one that was biblically taught. I found it very interesting and informative.
  • We also went to an International Potluck last night too, which was very yummy. Dana made his favorite butter chicken to share (not very Scottish, but ah well ;).
  • I am finding that with driving Dana to work, Kynan's preschool, MOPS, grocery shopping, playdates and the million other errands my days are packed to max. Even now, I should be eating dinner but feel bad that I haven't updated this blog in forever. SO please don't be mad if you don't hear much from me. Feel free to email me.... I am much better at emailing then at blogging.
Have a great week everyone. I hope it is one filled with blessings.

4 comments:

kelle said...

Praise the Lord for Dana's job! Isn't God's timing just perfect? And thanks for your words of encouragement the other day and the ones your left on my blog.

Carleen said...

In your busy life remember to take some "Family" time together. It might be what Ava needs, little ones sence things very quickly, and she is one smart little girl! Love you all*

Trisha said...

I am so glad to hear about all of the wonderful things that have been filling your lives lately. It is good to hear things are going well and you are all happy. Love you lots.

Trisha & Greg
PS can you send us your phone number when you get a chance?

wandi said...

Yay for Dana's job. Yay for Kynan and his school. Yay for Ava and her strong willed independence. God bless you and your family. You are all so precious and loved. Glad that you are here and that you are a part of our family. Love ya lots!