Saturday, November 8, 2008

If I could get all whimsy on all of you for a second and ask, what if we could go back? Or know what was in our futures after making a choice? Or what if we could take away road blocks or setbacks in our lives? Would our lives be easier? Would be better off?

Dana and I have made many life changing decisions this year, and one MAJOR one in the last few months. While we remain ecstatic and faithful of our decision to move back to the prairies, we wonder if only we could go back and redo some other decisions. Like buying our lot. Which, with the fall of the economy, we are unable to sell and paying big time for. My inlaws are in a similar situation and I was talking to my mother-in-law about it on the phone. Our feelings. We chuckled and said if only we could go back moments before making that decision. I try to remain calm, patient, and most important to us... faithful in all of this, but the truth is I am scared. Scared the lot won't sell. Scared that if it does sell, it will still cost us a pretty penny. Scared of what that might mean for us. I know my mother-in-law expressed her own concern, mostly remorse. However, having said this, these are all very common, very justified, and human emotions. But our goal is not to stop there, but to reach beyond. Our goal as Christians is to become more like Christ, right? Well, what is Christ? Humble, check. Patient, check. Faithful, check. And so much more.... I love the example that God is the potter and we are the clay. As we go through struggle and hardship in our lives, he adds curves, shape and ultimately a unique character. It is our choice to build ourselves up and fill ourselves with neccessary tools to survive these struggles. For me, right now, I need patience (for sure!), contentness, courage and faithfilness. Without these characteristics I would surely crumble under the pressure. If we can withstand the pressure that his thumb brings then once he is finished we can become a beautiful masterpiece. I don't know about you, but I want to become that masterpiece! I just need to pray a little harder for patience and faithfulness and focus more on others than on myself.

PS: If you know of anyone interested in buying land (or a very cute house for that matter) in Summerland, let me know. I will hook you up!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

M. E. B. said...

I strongly believe that everything in life happens for a reason. That you can never regret what you have done, as you would not be the person you are without those decisions. I believe that paths are laid out for us for a reason, but we are the ones who choose the path to follow. So though everything happens for a reason we make the choices (good and bad) to get to those points in our lives.
There is always a reason...
I hope that you guys are enjoying the prairies. I move in 14 days into my new home...and it is going to be very expensive on my own...but that is a decision that I have made, and I have never been happier. Who knows in a year I may want to move...but that is a path to travel once life throws that fork in the road.
Good luck you guys with selling the property!

K said...

Wishing you luck. It must be very difficult. I know the lot and it is a good location, close to a good school (actually down from my inlaws) if it was a couple of years ago we would be very interested. Hope things work out.

Bloggy Mama said...

I wish you all the best with the sale.