Monday, November 26, 2007

Today I Missed This...


This picture was taken a week after Ava was born at the research station in Summerland. I was taking pictures for the Summerland Royalty and got to snap this.... I love this photo.
I was driving to pick up a girlfriend today to go shopping with the kids, and the radio gave the report for the current weather. It was -18 degrees celcius...... -28 with the wind chill. Yikez! And Reginians say that this isn't even cold. January is their real winter. But they say today was a perfect day to get locked out of your car... or should I say van... and 'they' didn't say that, but that is what happened to me. Yup. I'm an idiot. Good thing Tiff was with me and was able to manage the kidlets while FREAKED out and got to call a tow truck. But I have to say that I am proud of myself. Not because I locked myself out of my van (did I mention I'm an idiot), but because despite that pretty stressful experience, I still came home and shovelled the walk for Dana. That's right folks.... I am woman of the year. Or at least half of the year because I got half way done before I felt like I was going to lose my hands to frost bite and went running inside... throwing the shovel in the nearest snowbank. But still, I bask in my glory!

6 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm glad you emerged from that event unscathed!

Kaili said...

It is snowing here right now, but like 2 below, which is nice. Not nice as in I like it being cold, cause I HATE it, but as in it's nice it's not 28 below. YIKES is right!

Jen said...

haha. The best is yet to come! ;)

Glad you were able to keep your cool and get thru the crappy situation.

I love that picture, it looks like a fairy tale or something. Nice.

Trisha said...

I've been noticing the temperature in Regina on the Weather Network, brrrr, but we had our first snow here yesterday.

That photo is exceptional, great job!

Joyce said...

i love that picture! it looks make-believe!

p.s. i love snow. i don't like minus 28...but i would prefer snow to rain anyday.

wandi said...

I heard from Tiff that you got locked out of the van. She said it all turned out fine. You know what, I think you are woman of the year to shovel your drive in minus 25 below. I think I would say drive through the snow bank honey, cuz it's too dam cold out to shovel. You're awesome.