Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The STUPID Van...

So you want to hear about my day..... maybe you don't. All I have to say is that Dana owes me big time. What is normally his responsibility, I took under my wings today as my personal project. We have been trying to get our van passed the out of province inspection you need to get insurance. We had it inspected about a month ago and got the list of things to fix. It was pretty long and expensive so Dana did half the work himself. Today was the day I was going to bring it in, get the rest of the 'stuff' fixed, and then get it to pass inspection. Yay!!! Yup... no! When I got there I was told that we would have to pay for another inspection ($120) because 30 days has elapsed since the the previous one. We weren't told this of course. Fine, it has to be done. So I take 2 kids under three to the closest mall and attempt to kill 3.5 hours. We did some shopping, ate some lunch.... that only killed 2 hours. So we did some more shopping. I am pretty much done Ava's stocking, Abby's Birthday/ Christmas gift, and some of Dana. I even got some stuff for Lorelei. Yay me. Then we headed back to Canadian Tire to pick up the van and finally get some Saskatchewan insurance. That easy... again no. I got there and they told me that it needs more work, alot more work. So far we have sunk about $800 into the van, and the mechanic is telling me it needs another $800 worth of work... within the next 30 days... just before Christmas. By this time just as I am getting this news, Ava is screaming and Kynan is sprawled out on the shop floor saying he want to go home. I wanted to cry. I paid for the inspection, asked for my van, scooped up the kids, and left. On the way home, I called Dana- cried and vented. Put the kids down for a nap and now I am looking at our options.

I know that this has been pretty much a venting post, but I know we will get through this. We have always landed on our feet and something tells me we will this time too. I hate stress, so instead of dwelling on something I cannot help, I am wrapping the gifts I got. I love wrapping gifts. HAPPY TUESDAY.

7 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

ugh to vehicles

Kristin said...

Vehicles are a pain in the backside!

But you are right in the end it will all work out.

Trisha said...

Vehicles are so expensive! Why can't they just work?? lol

kelle said...

Sorry to hear about your van! It's always something...but it will all work out in the end.

Sue said...

Bummer. Here's hoping your Wednesday and the rest of the week "brighten up". Good luck on the van.

Mel said...

That is CRAP!!!! What about a second opinion, I hate can tire! Maybe a couple new van payments might be cheaper in the long run....I would bury my sorrows in some fat free pudding if I were you! Way to go, asking for your van and leaving.....M

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about your day Susie. You should have come and seen me we are not that fare from Canadian tire. Susie when and if you go and get your van fixed come by my house to hang out if you need.