Friday, November 9, 2007

All because of me...


well this might be a strange post being that Susan is not writing it...ya thats right, it's all my fault. This is Dana (her husband) writing her post , it is all my fault that she is not posting tonight. You maybe asking yourself why, well she was posting her blog, i started making comments about her post or what to post about, and made some comments that i thought were funny and well they kind of peed her off, and now im in the dog house. We had a really nice talk after, and i apologized , she was so tired after our talk she forgot to post. I still felt so bad that i hacked her account and am at 1 am making her post for her.

she was going to post about mops, her church group. What id like to talk about is how happy she has been since she started going. we have only been in Regina, sk since august of this year, we have loved it but it has been really hard on Susan trying to make a whole new group of friends, having to look after two kids can be hard work and she needs "her" time to interact with people her own age. mops i have to say has been a blessing, all she can talk about is the great people she gets to hang out with and the conversations they have every week. The interaction i believe has been a saving grace for my wife, to everyone who goes to mops thank you so much for taking susan in as your own, she really is a wonderful woman, that is why i married her. You may never truly know how much it means to her to have great people like you in her life.trust me when i say this ,she talks about you all the time and is so exited for every week when she get to be around you all again.

I want to also mention our friend tiff that has been inviting susan to a "girls night", or as i like to call it susans happy hour. The first one she attended i was expecting her to go to a movie and be home by 9:30 tops. She was so exited that she was going out, she got all guseed up, and was out of the house early.(my wife is never early) i was watching a movie when i got the call at 11:pm saying that she would be home in an hour or so, 12PM... Well this might sound funny to some but i was really happy for her it meant that she was out having fun with people she liked and that put a smile on my face.

it's hard being away from our comfort zone, and it has been great to meet new people and how kind everyone has been to us in our new home. So thanks again to everyone that has opened there hearts to us it has meant the world.

well it is really late now...my work is done, and to my love, i love you so much, our new journey has just begone,its amazing how great the people are along the way and ohh were the journey will take us. to heaven and back again for infinity.

5 comments:

Karen Mayer said...

What a geat post Dana!!!! I too have noticed a big change in Susan since she joined MOPS. She is cheerier, has more zoom and sounds very contented on the phone.. She talks about her MOP friends and they sound wonderful. I am so happy for you both. A Happy wife, means a happy home. We love you all and miss you all very much. Can't wait for X-mas when we will be back out there.

Mel said...

aaaaawwwww, so sweet! Susie, you have an incredible, humble, and kind husband! Thanks for sharing husband!

wandi said...

Dana thanks for sharing so sweetly about your sweetie. I think you guys are fantastic. You have a very wonderful family. Glad to have you here in Regina. By the way I think I missed an oportunity to look after your beautiful babies. I hope you will call and ask me again. Blessings to you and your family.

Unknown said...

brilliant save, dana ;) I second mama mayer in saying we miss you guys

Kathy said...

I am so glad u are feeling welcome!