Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SOLD.... sorta

Well, the real stress is over. Last night we reviewed offers and accepted one. The whole process was pretty quick. And by 6pm we had sold our house. Now, we have to wait for the conditions to be removed. A home inspection and finances. But it all seems pretty positive.

Today, the kids and I are having pjama day for the first time in weeks. No more showing and we can start living like we normally live. I already have laundry scattered in piles so that I can attempt to actually get some done. I think we are taking a week off, no working on the house or packing, and next week when the conditions are removed we will start packing the nest.

Dana and I had a great weekend being a couple with no kids. I will admit that I missed the kids though. And woke up at 7:30am automatically! On Saturday we got messages, went for a walk in the art district, and ate at a fantastic Indian Resturant. On Sunday we walked a little down town, which was pretty much dead but beautiful. When the mall opened we did a little shopping. I found an outfit for Shalane's wedding and bought two new bra (my first new bra in like a year and half). The weekend ended with a little pregnancy scare. Yes, you read that right, SCARE. I would have been thrilled to be expecting again, but it would have come at an inopportune time as we don't even have a house yet. BUT I am not pregnant. And life continues on. I will admit though that I was already thinking about a unique way to tell Dana and our parents. Funny how news like that, no matter how unexpected, can still get you excited. I am hoping to post some pictures soon of our getaway so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jen said...

So glad the house sold!

Can't wait to see pics of your getaway.

Sue said...

Congrats!!

I think a week of rest is a good idea, you two spent so much time working consistently to complete the reno's on the homestead that a little R & R is a much needed thing!

We look forward to your get-a-way pictures.

Kaili said...

Congrats! So cool!
Dana seemed real thrilled about getting away. Would love to see pictures. I looked the place up online, very nice!
Sorry I missed your call tonight, we were at Audrey's till late.