Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ode to Saskatchewan


I want to write this whole elaborate post about my love for Regina, Rosewood, and all the people who we have come to consider family, but the words are not coming. How can I express what these people mean to me in a way that you all could understand. Understand how loved I feel when I am with them, how much I learn from them, look up to them, am blessed by them. There are no words. And as we prepare to leave this incredibly surprisingly beautiful place and the people who call it home, I cry. Not because we are saying goodbye, true friendship transcends distances. But because I won't be here for those silly, sad, happy everyday moments. I want stand in Rosewood every Sunday, singing a hymn off key. I won't be getting to know these teen girls how go to Girls Night. I won't watch girly movies and eat icing with the girls on Friday night. Chat with an amazing friend while our kids laugh and chase each other. I won't be here for all that. My heart is breaking. So as exciting as it is to be returning to our family (who we truly miss too), I feel like we are leaving a whole new family behind here.

I always said that something amazing or 'big' would happen when we moved here, 'the Queen City'. I never knew what that was really until now. It was the friendships that were formed and the most important friendship being reunited, that one with God. We are so blessed to have had this opportunity to grow. To grow as individuals, as a couple, as a family, and in our faith. We leave with full and gracious hearts.





6 comments:

Kaili said...

Thank the universe for FACEBOOK! Haha!
Safe journey home! See you guys this week!

Jen said...

Great post Susie!

I hope you can find some of those things you love about Regina in Summerland!

And I know just how you feel- leaving the friends I made in Summerland was one of the hardest things I ever had to do and still sometimes wish I hadn't.

Here's to a smooth transition for you and your fam!

Amanda Brown said...

A lovely post, Susie. It's nice to be able to look back on the time you spent in Regina with such fondness, even though it makes it that much harder to leave. Safe travels "home". :)

Sue said...

I think you said it quite well! Memories that you'll cherish always. It will make for a great "Time in Regina" scrap book.

Happy trails on the way home, we'll see you all very soon.

Trisha said...

Although it is bittersweet, I am glad you were able to come away from the experience with positive memories. See you soon.

Cindi said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm going through the exact thing right now. Yesterday it finally hit me. Our family has grown so much in the past 2 years. We became our own family. Even though I was a mom before we moved, not having my mom to run to every time I needed has made me actually be a mom. I don't think that makes sense really, but to me it does. Knowing how much you've changed makes it hard to move back somewhere without worrying that you'll change back to the way things were before. God bless your move and your new home and life!