Friday, March 28, 2008

Mind Spew

I was having troubles deciding what to write about today so I think I will touch on all my thoughts.

The first one being about the movie we watched last night, Dan in Real Life. It was such a sweetly funny movie. Not like Steve's regular movies. More human and touching. It is about a widower with three girls falling in love again. I have to say my favorite part of this movie was the family dynamic. They all came together at this cabin for a week of laughter, silly games, ect. They hosted a family talent show and thought it was such a great idea. I dream about having a family like that. Our family is somewhat like that, but not really. It's a great movie.

The next on my hit list is about an unexpectant email that I recieved last night from a dear friend from elementary days. Carla has always been someone who I admired growing up. She has an amazing sense of humour, very athletic, kind, and the truest friend you can find. She emailed me last night saying how she loves my honesty on this blog. The truth be known I just write what I feel not thinking about who actually reads this blog. Sometimes I pay for it in the comments or even in real life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am an uncencored blogger. Having said that, I will share my greatest fear of moving back to Summerland. I spent some time crying about it last night while Dana reasoned with me trying to be my strength. I am scared of change. Even though I didn't want to move to Regina we were pleasantly surprised by what we found. The biggest surprise being our faith. My fear in moving back to Summerland is changing our environment. It is easy to remain faithful when you spend time with people who share your faith and encourage you to explore it. Just like anything in our lives, it is always easier with encouragement and accountability. I am scared that people may not understand the importance of this to us. I hope that people see a change in us for the better, but my other fear is that they may not or worse they will but for the worse (in their eyes). Our pastor said the other day that our lives our billboards for our faith and more importantly for God. I have been thinking alot about what my billboard says. And I am not sure. I hope that our family sees how much we love them through our actions. We are leaving something that has become very close to us to be closer to them. We miss them. I miss the interaction with my kids and niece and nephew. The famiily dinners. The closeness. But I fear that I will get lost in the midst. Here I feel like people actively try to get to know Dana and I by asking to spend time with us, not just our kids. When we get together we talk about real important stuff like beliefs, emotions, perceptions. Tantalizing conversations some times. I love visits like that where you can have real conversations and feel connected to and revealed. Like someone is looking at who you really are, with no past judgement, and loving you all the same. Fear. Hope. Excitement. Anticipation. Are all what I feel about the move.

The final thing I wanted to share is a little more light hearted. Dana and I are going on a vacation in tomorrow!!!! Somewhere relaxing, beautiful, somewhat warm..... if you are thinking I am going to say Mexico I am sorry to disappoint. We are going somewhere that seems just as good at the moment because we haven't had an overnight getaway in almost a year. The last time we went away from the kids as last July. July 7th to be exact. So we are heading to the nearest city, Saskatoon, for a Castle Hideaway. We plan to eat out, go for a walk by the river, maybe do some shopping, lots of laughing, relaxing, sitting in the hot tub, and other adult activities. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. What a wonderful way to end all the renovations, but with a romantic getaway.

Anyways, that's it for now. For those interested in a 'listing' update. We have had 5 viewings so far and plan that the weekend will be very busy. Offers will be reviewed on Monday night so I am sure I will posting some news on Tuesday on that.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Have a great time in Saskatoon! If you want any recommendations on where to go or where to eat, give me a call today. :)

Bloggy Mama said...

Have a great getaway!

wandi said...

Have a great time away. I have to speak out and say that You will be so very missed when you move back to B.C. You have just fit into our family so well. You and your beautiful babes have become very dear to us. Love ya.