Monday, April 7, 2008

Living with this Boy


Living with this boy is becoming more and more of a joy everyday. As he learns more about the world that surrounds him and the people, his knowledge and cuteness grows. He makes me laugh constantly with his jokes, his ramblings, and unexpected questions. He has such a tender heart for others. He loves being around people and kids. Chasing them, talking to them, playing with them. He always has the time and never says no to a friend in need. And what a lover! He totally loves cuddling, kissing, and hugging. Even now. He has just started to ask me not to kiss him on the head or hug him quite as much. Usually, he says 'Maaaaaa ooooooooooom! Don't!' But in his defense I try and hug and kiss him almost everytime there is an opportunity. He totally loves playing with his sister and is so excited when she wakes up, he runs into her room and says 'Hello Baby Ava!' He truly warms my heart and I am overwhelmed by how much I love him and how that love grows daily.
I just wanted to share some funny things that Kynan has done the last few days.
Yesterday we had some friends over for dinner and in the middle of eating, Kynan looked at me and asked 'Mom, do you have a vagina?" Teena looked at me and we both started laughing as we were just talking about our kids embarassing us like that. Then today, Kynan was in the back yard playing in the puddles in his new fire chief boots when I heard him yelling for me. I came running into the back yard and asked what was wrong and he said 'I'm stuck!' He had jumped in a mud puddle, but the mud was so sticky he couldn't get out. He was a little panicked, and got really mad at me when I started laughing. Then, we ran a few errands with the promise of a park visit at the end. I was pretty quick in the store so I got Kynan an ice cream cone at the drive thru and told him we were heading to the park right now. He shouted with excitement and off we went. I pulled in to the parking lot and turned around to unbuckle my little man. But to my surprise he was fast asleep. Cone almost falling out of his hand. Too cute. What can I say, he melts my heart.

3 comments:

Sue said...

What sweetness! Kynan is growing into such a little man.
Hugs and kisses to the grandbabies from YaYa, G-Man, and Uncle Jared

Kaili said...

Mom and I read that together, SO cute! We miss that little monkey!!

Trisha said...

Very adorable. Can't wait to spend time with him again... and all of you :)