Monday, March 10, 2008

The Walker...

The walker is a bone of contension around our place lately. Dana and I had a big debate whether or not to get Ava a new walker. We already have one, but I found it really tippy and she was always falling over with it. So I wanted to get a walker that was more stable. Dana said that she didn't need one and to just let her be. But me, wanting to be a good mom and make things easier on my baby girl, went out and got it anyways. Now, I watch my little girl walk all over the place..... but not with the beautiful walker I got her. With everything but. She uses an upside down laundry basket, Kynan's little chair, even our coffee table. It shames me to admit that Dana was right ;)

Kynan's world (or shall I say our world) just got a little brighter this weekend as Kynan went POOH on the potty for the very first time. As my previous post explains, he has been doing so good with his peeing on the pot, but not so great with the ladder. On Saturday he ran out of the bathroom saying, "Come Look!" Not only did he get up on the potty himself, but he poohed! We were so excited for him and did a little song and dance as the toilet as our witness. The end of that tunnel just got a little closer.

In other news, Dana and I are going gun hoe on the renovations with the hopes to list our house by the 27th. It should be interesting to say the least. But this weekend we got alot accomplished with kids under toe. We removed all our kitchen cabinet doors, sanded, painted, and re-hinged them all. We replaced our kitchen light fixture and Dana installed under counter lights. Dana completed his grand shelves that flank the fire place downstairs and we tore out all the carpet downstairs, scraping all the glue off the cement. I look around and considering we also had a fun afternoon shopping at Old Navy and Rona AND had some quality time with the kids. We got a lot accomplished. Tonight we are painting and replacing more lighting. As soon as everything is done pictures will be on this blog. I know we have been promising that since we moved in, but I guess it took us moving out to finish up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Jen said...

You guys are going to be bizzzay!