Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's Official!

After months of pining over this decision, Dana and I have finally made it official. We are moving back to sunny Summerland. It was a very difficult decision, and I think we will be really sad to leave the prairies, but there are so many things waiting for us back West. One of the major reasons, one of many, was that I have always wanted my kids to grow up near their Grandparents. I imagined sleep-overs, lunch dates, camp outs, tea parties.... the whole nine yards. In the land of summer, we are also blessed that most of our children's aunts and uncles live there too so it adds to that family closeness. We are excited and may have found the perfect lot with HUGE help from Grandpa Al! Dana and I are dreaming of our house, his NEW job- doing what he loves, living near family again, driving a new Mazda5 ... hopefully ;) And all that stuff. Plus we are excited to see what God has in store for us. We really feel at peace about this decision and know that it will be a fun, exciting, hard working, busy year as we build our new home. We feel so blessed right now.

5 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Crazy!
Wishing you well on your trip home.

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys have made a concrete decision so you can just rest easy knowing you have a plan. I hope all goes well with the sale of your house, the move and the transition back to Summerland.

Amanda Brown said...

Wow, big changes. I hope you'll look back on your time in the prairies as a positive adventure and a fun step in your family's journey.

Trisha said...

Yay!! We're so happy to hear that :) Looking forward to it... love you guys!

Vicki said...

welcome home!