Friday, October 5, 2007

My Hero, My Lovey, And the Awe of it All

MY HERO...
My dad came out to visit (aka: work on our house) for about a week and a half and just left on Wednesday. My mom followed him out here two days after he left. They were both here helping us get some work done our house and I think we are back on track. Upstairs just needs the baseboads nailed in and painted, the bathroom painted, and the kitchen cabinets painted. Once those things are done I will be posting before and afters. I just wanted to say thanks to my parents for coming out. I wasn't feeling myself and they were not only empathetic on the phone and listened to what I was feeling, they truly showed me what wonderful parents they are by taking the next step and actually coming out and .... rescueing me. Dana was doing a great job, but one man can only do so much and a wife can only do so much. While my dad and mom were here they finished the laminate, tiled two rooms, made and painted baseboards, framed out a craft room, and planned out a second bathroom. All in the midst of two children. My dad was incredible with Kynan and even after a long days work would still have the energy to love on his grandson. I am so thankful for them. I know our move wasn't easy on them and being there for my family regardless means the world to me.

MY LOVEY....
Yesterday Dana and I celebrated our 4th year anniversary and I will be the only wife that will probably be honest... it kinda sucked. For months I told Dana that he was in charge of planning our romantic date on our anniversary and this is what he came up with... after months of planning. A night at home with the kids (I cooked dinner). Fun eh? I do have to give him kudos for ordering me 'Notting Hill' one of my favo movies and one of the first date memories. And he did get dressed up for me and looked damn fine, but it was a far cry from what I had envisioned if you know what I mean. Regardless, 4 years have passed. And they have been the most joyous love filled years of my life. And not a day goes by that I am not thankful for the wonderful man that Dana is. He is perfection in my eyes,, in an imperfect sorta way. I am lucky to have him despite his incapability to plan a romantic date.

AWE OF IT ALL...
My kiddies have been a source of amazement lately, but in truth I have been blinded from it by the haze that I have been in. Just in the last few days have I really been able to shake myself out of it and truly look at what an amazing blessing it is to be a mom. They always surprize me with their unconditional love and affection. Their neediness can only be fulfilled by me and when it is only my kisses that can heal that boo boo, I have to admit it makes me feel good. Ava is roli-poli lately and Kynan has all sorts of new Diego tricks up his sleeves. They are a joy and leave me feeling in awe.

2 comments:

wandi said...

Blessings to you dear girl. Happy anniversary to you and Dana. Please give me a call and I will look after the wee ones while you and Dana have a real date. ( bless his heart). You may have to take things into your own hands and plan a date yourself. You plan,then call me and I will be there to look after the little blessings and you can have a nice time. Jen and Jordan have my phone number.

Karen Mayer said...

Sorry about your sucky date, but then again we have all had lots of those over the years. I am so glad that we made the effort to come out. We loved seeing the kids and boy have they grown. We miss you all and will now have to wait until X-mas. Can't wait. Love you lots