Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Today I am missing home a little. I miss our almost daily trips down to the Beanery to get a hot chocolate for Kynan. I miss my mom and I's sewing sessions while we listened to dad and Kynan run around in the living room. I miss our shopping trips. I miss family dinners with lots of yummy foods and laughter and jokes. I really miss those. I miss play dates with cousins and coffees with sister-in-laws. I miss family hugs and not so good days. I miss 'I'm too tired to get up can you come look after the kids' calls to my mom. I have come to the realisation of two things. Firstly, I was a little spoiled having family living so close and who were always there for us when we needed it. And secondly, I miss people knowing me. And I mean really knowing me. Knowing what I am trying to say even if the words don't come out right. Knowing that I sometimes say the wrong thing and forgive me anyways. I miss people really wanting to spend time with me. I really miss home.

On the other hand, I have to think about why we moved... Dana is always reminding me. And look into our future when the sacrifices we made today will pay off ten fold in our future. I am truly blessed to be married to a forward thinker and a man who is not afraid to make decisions and I mean really hard decisions. Our move out here has not been my first choice, but I do like it here. Our little house, our little yard, our neighbours, our library, our Y, the shopping, the parks, the family walks, the new first impressions, the reacquainting with old friends. There are many positives.

I guess sometimes we just need to reminisce. I love you Mom & Dad, Greg & Trish, Shane Margaret & Lorelei, Al & Carleen, Rob Kaili & Jaia, Shalane & Phil. You have no idea how much I miss you every single one of you. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

4 comments:

Karen Mayer said...

We really miss you too. I miss that when colors do not look right, you would make them right. My quilts will really suffer with my color co-ordination. Such a frightening thought. I miss the time we spend together just chatting while Kynan watched "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang". But we will see you at Christmas and it will be wonderful. Love you lots.

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm sad that this move hasn't been only positives for you. Keep your chin up!

Lindsay said...

I completly understand. I don't have the kids, but I was living in the same city as my parents. Its hard to move far away, but I moved with similar reasons as you. I miss Regina more then I ever thought I would, hopefully we both learn to love our new homes as much as our old ones?

Trisha said...

We both miss you too! We are thinking of you all often and enjoyed the postcard from Kynan very much, thanks again :)