Friday, October 26, 2007

The Response

In response to Amanda's blog. I have to say Amanda I felt a little kindred to you today as I read your blog as I feel the exact same way. As I tried to tackle our basement today, the pit as it has been affectionally named, I got more frustrated with every box I moved for the umteenth billionth time, with every piece of rooting or dried food I picked up, every broken toy, dirty laundry........... not to mention the saw dust and drywall that has been yet to be thrown away or vaccumed up since we added (or somewhat added) another room to our basement. I have been working for 3 hours and now their our little piles all over the basement. Garbage. Recycling. Toys to go upstairs. Totes to go in the shed. Things to be sold online. I told Dana that if he doesn't come home and immediately put the piles to their designated areas, he will be grounded. Yes, I told my husband grounded. No hockey for a week. I'm a big meany, but I am at the end of my rope. So Amanda, in response to your blog. We all have 'pits' or 'dungeons' in our lives......... try grounding your husband. LOL.

In other news, Ava cut her first tooth. We discovered it on Wednesday morning after a rather hellish night before. I am so proud of her. She is very cranky today too... maybe another one is one its way.

3 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

yes, every house has a pit. That's where my computer is... makes for good play space when I'm blogging ;)

Karen Mayer said...

We have several pits, lots of piles, recycling, laundry, thrift store, you name it. We are both quilty of hoarding.

Amanda Brown said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one.