Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Perfect Day



The Perfect Day started out not so perfect, as when I woke up, I didn't want to wake up, I didn't want to get dressed, and I didn't want to leave our little apartment. My head was fuzzy and it felt like one of those 'watch movies all day' kinda days. But Ava had gymnastics and it was my turn, Dana and Kynan had already started on their father-son activity for the morning....xBox (no judging...LOL). Anyway, Ava's class zoomed by and she wanted to go home and see Kynan, which I was rather grateful for as there were about 100 kids running around screaming in the play area and my fuzzy head was not liking it. When we got home, Dana wanted to go out and "do something" and suggested a walk (Shoot me now please... jk). So I suggested that we drive to Moose Jaw and visit the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa for the day (not really thinking my cheap husband would go for it) BUT he did. We had a wonderfully perfect day. When we got to MJ we had lunch at Subway (thanks Carleen and Al) and went straight to the pool. It was a beautiful facility and we literally spent 4 hours swimming, lounging, and laughing with our kids. It felt like we were at a resort. We even got smoothies and spread out on the loungers. There was this bridge you could swim underneath and go outside. The water was warmer, and mixed with the cool crisp air and prairie sunshine... I swear we were in heaven. The kids had fun running and sitting in the snow and then jumping back in to the water (I know... your thinking we are fabulous parents... no applause needed). It was literally the perfect day. We were told upon arriving at the spa that the water had healing properties in it and was great for the body. I would have to whole heartedly agree. I went in with my post pregnancy, flabby, dessert addicted body and after 4 hours came out with the body above. Seriously... it was that good. LOL. Just joking, but it sure was a great day. Thanks Dana for a perfect day.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love going there too! That's the place we took Abby for her first swim since it's so nice and warm. I'm glad you guys had such a perfect day.

Carleen said...

Sounds like a great day! Fresh air and exercize is is a great way to make everyone feel good.
So much better then sitting on a couch watching the boob tube.
When we lived in Toronto our morning and afternoon walks were what got me through living in a household full of Chiropractic students...and the chilly Falls and Winters. We all slept way better for it also...it is a win win situation no matter which way you look at it :)
Love you ALL!
Mom/Carleen/Baba XXXX

Kathy said...

Love it, love it! Except when it is too warm outside, the water can be too hot if it is. We actually got a gift certificate for there for Christmas so booked to stay two nights in the hotel this week.(They had a midweek sale) So Wednesday after Dan gets off we are going up to spend 2 glorious nights swimming and whatever. Pretty excited!!!!
Glad u had a good day!