Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Daydream

What do you find yourself daydreaming about???

I daydream about so many silly things, just to name a few:
1. Fabric. All kinds of funky brightly coloured fabric. I could spend hours in a fabric store.
2. A day to myself to work on my photography. I am no way a professional, but one day I would love to be as good as Janice, Christy, Teena, and Robin.
3. Interior Design. I often find myself piecing together a room in my head. What colours I would use, what textures, any statement pieces. I love HGTV and Home Depot for this reason.
4. Vacations. I dream about vacations with my kids or just with my hubby. Mostly tropical lately because it is SO cold right now. But also all sorts of little places. I think my dream would be to just get in the car, have a final destination in mind, but have fun getting there. You know, stopping at all the little quirky places along the way. We did this once with my Aunt and Grandparents when I was in Grade 7. We went to Tofino, BC. We stopped at some pretty random places, and at one I saw a goat on a roof eating grass. I will never forget and I am pretty sure that was the highlight of that trip.
5. Owning a book store. Have you ever seen You Got Mail, based on the old classic. I love that movie and how it makes me feel and ever since seeing it I wanted to own a book store, with a special kids section.... mmmmm.... just thinking about it.
6. Weddings.... I have been married at least a 50 times..... in my head. I love thinking of different weddings, themes, colours, flowers, favors, cakes, ect, ect, ect.... If I could afford it, I would subscribe to all the wedding magazines.
7. This is a weird one. I sometimes daydream about having like a dozen children, like in the movie 'Cheaper By the Dozen'. I will admit that I may not be the worlds greatest mom, but I have always loved the idea of having a large family.


What do you daydream about?????

5 comments:

Jen said...

Going on a holiday. I daydream about this atleast a dozen times a day.

Oh, and having a killer bod that looks good in a bikini. :)

Bloggy Mama said...

Ditto on the fabric one...

margaret said...

Sometimes I daydream that things were different and Calvin was here with me. I think about him alot, imagining what my life would be like with the twins, whether I would be run off my feet with screaming babies or how it would feel to hold both my babies at the same time. Typically I daydream more about being someone else, living a posh lifestyle, being superthin and trendy and then inevitably someone calls out for a bumchange and I'm back in reality...

Amanda Brown said...

Food. Lots and lots of carby, cheese-drenched food.
PS: I hate Weight Watchers!

Trisha said...

I dream about having children... lots :)
I dream about owning a home, decorating it and setting it up the way I want.
I dream about being thinner.
I dream about being in a job I love.
I dream about all of the artsy projects I want to do, but somehow never get around to :)