Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Park

I have been wanting to write about this for quite some time. When we first moved here, I sunk into a little depression. I wanted to move home, I hated being here with the kids alone, this was not my home, I resented Dana for moving us here, I felt my world crashing in on me. It didn't help that whenever I called home, 'people' would tell me that I should move back. It's nice that they miss us, but didn't help me transition into our new life. I was sinking and sinking fast when an unexpected invitation came along. Jordan's mom, Wanda, invited us to her church for a pancake breakfast and service with a their hige fall fair to follow. More so to be poliet and to get the kids out of the house, I went and that is when I fell in love. With the people. The were so nice to us, welcoming, they listened, and they loved on our kids. I wasn't sure if I belonged so a few weeks later, I took Dana back to see a service. We have never been regular church goin' folk, but he said he really liked it too. So we go back every week. Some go to church out of obligation or guilt, but in all honesty I look forward to church. And MOPS (my church moms group). We are also joining a small couples group on Sunday nights too. It was Rosewood Park and its people that stopped me from sinking and lifted me out of my ruble. It is my safe haven. The place where I know that I can be myself and still be appreciated. A place where my kids are safe to play and where Dana and I can come together and get spiritually reacquainted. I now feel drawn there. Called to serve. I am looking into volunteering with their youth ministry and possibly even joining their worship team. I love to sing and maybe will get enough courage to sing in public. I am so thankful to God for placing this in our lives. It has made Regina more like a home to me. Still I miss my hometown and my family tremendously, but 'the park' has brought new friends into our lives and has helped us move our lives here. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe Sasketchewan will be the province our kids call home, maybe our destiny is to move back to BC, whatever it is I know God will guide us and in the meantime you can find me at 'the park'.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you feel at home there, Susie. It was our home church for a decade and we came to love many of the people there too.

Bloggy Mama said...

Family, in any form, is a wonderful thing!!

Jill said...

Rosewood is where I grew up. It's a pretty great place with lots of fantastic people. I'm glad you're finding a home.

Stephanie and Brad said...

There's something pretty amazing about a church family. Brad and I have found a church we really like over here and it's a great feeling to be welcomed in. I'm so glad for you that you found a church in which you feel comfortable and that the Lord is leading you in so many ways. Keep on going Susie.

kelle said...

I'm so glad that you moved here! I'm looking forward to many times of hanging out and getting to know you better! Rosewood is a great place and I'm glad that you have decided that you feel at home there.

wandi said...

I'm so happpy you're here!

Angella said...

What a great post, Susie!

I'm glad that you have found a great church family :)

Lindsay said...

Thats how I feel about Norquay and their church here. I'm glad you found Rosewood. That is where my parents sometimes attend and where we do our Christmas Eve service every year.