Monday, December 3, 2007

A Day of Birth


(Grandma having fun with Kynan at Dana's birthday dinner)


Just wanted to commemerate my Grandma's Birthday too. December is always a month of celebration for our family. This year it is a little different celebrating it all thousands of miles away ;( But all the same, we love you Grandma and wish we could be there to celebrate another year of your beautiful presence in our lives. You are another amazing woman who I admire and respect so much. Have an incredibly special day.

Just to add on to this post, because truly it is about family, I wanted to share how I felt yesterday and a little part of today. Obviously, we weren't there yesterday to help Kaili celebrate her special day and again with Grandma. This week would have been filled with family dinners if we were back in Summerland. Especially because on Dec 5th is my sister-in-law's birthday too. I can't help but be sad. Sad that we're not there. Sad that Kynan won't be able to sing them his version of 'Happy Birthday' in person, or that Ava won't see the wonder of all the balloons.... or Baba's special glass balls. I was thinking of all this. And when changing Ava, and noticing her chubby legs, her one toothy grin, and all her cooing noises... I realise that their missing out on that too. My parents have already been out to visit, which was fabulous, and their coming again in 2 1/2 weeks for Christmas so in a way it makes up for it as they get to celebrate one of Ava's first with us..... her first Christmas. But I can't help longing for Dana's family too. I really miss them. It just made me sad yesterday and May seems to far away..... So much will have happened by then. I hope that you know how much we love and miss you all, everyday. Today would had been one of those days I would have popped over to say hello because I just wanted to see you.

No comments: