Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Little Bit of Bliss

I know when most mom's write about bliss it is about something their darling babies wrote about or maybe some romantic gesture their husband gave, but I want to tell you about my meeting with Pastor Rob from my church. You see ever since we moved here, I have had this feeling that God is almost ready to unveil something great. Like we are 'standing on the edge of greatness' while God prepares our hearts before we are able to leap in. I have been contemplating whether or not I should pursue a lifelong dream of mine, motivational speaking, but with kids and a husband in the mix I have always tended to put their dreams before my own. But then the other day, Dana told me why can't I do both? I thought about it, and thought, why can't I do both? So, I made a meeting with our pastor because I have been having this 'feeling' that we should meet and just talk. I was thinking of volunteering with the youth group, maybe starting a girls program through the church. While meeting with him, he said he was excited that I would be willing to do some administrative duties and/or PR stuff, he said he was excited that I was wanting to start a program for young girls, but the one that got my blood pumping is that he was excited that I was willing to do some public speaking. What? Did he just say public speaking? COuld God be answering a prayer? Or maybe even just setting me on the right path? Now I don't want to get overly excited, it could just be coiencidence, but I deffinately feel God working in our lives, especially mine and I can't help but be excited. So if you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for me and my dream. Thanks

And just to add something about the kids for good measure. While we were meeting with Rob, Kynan looked up at him and said 'I love Jesus'. It brought tears to my eyes. Then right after he said 'Jesus is my homeboy'. Can you guess where he got that one from? ***cough** Dana **

3 comments:

Cindi said...

You gotta love when kids talk about Jesus! A couple of weeks ago, me and Chloe were sharing a room at my parents house and all of a sudden out of nowhere, Chloe whispers, "Mommy, Jesus is lovin' me".
My old pastor used to speak often on how God longs to give us the desires of our hearts. I'm so happy you're getting a little taste of what that feels like!

Bloggy Mama said...

Too cute. I've seen shirts that say "Jesus is my homeboy."
Good for you, Susie. And I will be praying for you.

Jen said...

Hey- I commented earlier this afternoon and it didn't show up. Bizzare.

Anyway, what I said was something like:

Good for you Susie! I hope everything works out for you in this pursuit of your dream. :)