Monday, September 24, 2007

A Little Flat

On Friday I was a feeling a little flat.... liternally.

I started driving down Ring Rd when the van started shaking. I pulled off in the nearest parking lot only to see that my rear tire had not only blown out, but was almost shredded to the rim. I am a Class A driver folks. LOL.

I called Dana from the only store that was open at the time, a Tanning Salon, to ask Dana to come rescue me. This is what the front desk girl heard from our conversation:

"Hey, Love.... Yay um... about the van... Can you come rescue me as we got a flat tire?"

"No I didn't check it this morning, I thought you filled it last night"

"Please just take your break early and come change the tire."

"No I will not change the tire. I don't even know how."

"Dana, I have both the kids with me. How do you expect me to walk to the nearest station?"

{At this point the girl was looking at me rather appalled}

"Ok see you in a bit"

Needless to say, I now know how to change a tire and feel quite confident that I will be able to do it on my own next time. Gotta love husbands!

3 comments:

Karen Mayer said...

I have BCAA. That way if i get a flat, I can call someone to help me. LOL Angie's friend Donna, who's husband is in the automotive industry, has to change her own Flats. Even dressed in heals and a fancy dress, Ang & I watched in amazement as she changed her flat tire in the parking lot of the restaurant in Medicine Hat. I do not want to be like Donna. Give me the 800 number.

Jen said...

Hahaha! I would never know how to change a flat tire. Well, maybe I'd know the basic steps but I'd never feel confident driving on a tire that I put on a car myself.

Trisha said...

wow... not a fun experience, especially having the two kids with you... last time I had a flat tire I had just finished having knee surgery, there was no way I was going to get down on the ground and change the tire... lol