Monday, September 10, 2007

The Magical Kiss

Kynan has always been the one to get his boo-boo's always kissed better my mom. I was kissing another boo boo better today and it amazed me the trust that my kids put in me. They completely rely on me for life. So many things in our day count on me providing them with safety. When we are driving, when we are walking, when we are around the kitchen, in the bathroom.... anywhere and everywhere. I am always kissing Kynan's boo boos better and no one else's kisses will do. If I am near it has to be me. And when I kiss his boo boo the pain seems to magically disappear and he is bounding off to play. Today I tripped and fell in the parking lot.... carrying both my kids. Luckily Ava was in her car seat so she just went plop on the ground.... she didn't even cry. Kynan was in my arms and I fell so that he would land on top of me. He was startled and a little scared, but when he looked at me almost tearing up from the pain his first reaction was to kiss my boo boo better. He asked me where I hurt and then he kissed my knees better, gave me a hug and said 'There there mommy". And the pain just magically disappeared and I picked up the kids and bounded into the bank.

2 comments:

wandi said...

Oh no Susie. So sorry you had a boo boo. Are you okay? What a sweet little guy you have there. Your babes are so adorable. Glad that they were not hurt.Hope you are okay.

Karen Mayer said...

Tripping and falling seems to be hereditary, eh??? Hope you are OK