Thursday, September 13, 2007

Life's Little Moments

As I pack her into the car, he patiently waits beside me. I click her in and turn around to lift him in and he's gone. I quickly look around and he is running... no wait.. sprinting away. I drop everything and start chasing him. I finally catch up, heart pounding. So mad and relieved at the same time.
She coo's and giggles from her playmat. Occasionally looking at me and smiling as I fold laundry. Nothing major is happening. Music is playing. Kynan sleeping. Dana working. The house is still. And she reaches up and grabs her toy and tugs on it. What? She can hold things now!?!? Yup, she can grip little toys now and bring them to her mouth. CRAZY.
Snuggled on the couch watching a movie. I can feel his warm breath on the top of my head and I am absorbing all his heat from his body. We laugh at the same things. And breath in unison. At one point of the movie we look at each other and kiss and I feel butterflies fluttering away.....
In a room surrounded by strangers all talking about one common challenge/ joy, breastfeeding. I feel shy, but strangely comfortable among these women. All the babies are gurgling and blowing raspberries, while all the toddlers are laughing and screaming downstairs. Mothers talking, sharing, and building bonds.
Walking out to take out the trash, I stop and inhale. Cool crisp air. Smell of leaves and fire burning. Reminds me of fall and makes me want to bake.
Flurries???? Did the radio weather guy just say 'a chance of flurries'???? It's September!!! Go figure.

These are some moments I had the last few days.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a nice few days you've had Susie. See you tomorrow!

Trisha said...

I love really "living" in those moments, taking the time to notice those details you so eloquently noted... they make life worth living.

Karen Mayer said...

You sure do have a way with words. Wish I could put things as eloquently as you do.

Amanda Brown said...

Lovely moments, Susie. I just wanted to let you know that Avelyn wore the dress you made her for her birthday and it was positively adorable on her! Thanks again for sharing your creativity with us! :)

Michelle said...

Nice prose Suzie. Glad you take joy in lifes little pleasures.

wandi said...

Great moments Susie. Thanks for sharing them so beautifully with us. Enjoy your weekend.