Tuesday, September 18, 2007

McBaby Has Blossomed...

Opps, just saw the date. Let's pretend that this was for tomorrow the 19th. New baby brains.
McBaby, Ava Lily, has blossomed into a smiling, kicking 4 month old today. Where has the time gone? It seems to have just skipped away and as I hold her and she tries to squirm free, I feel like another one of my babies is growing up too darn fast. Her major accomplishments to date would be... Smiling, pretty much the day she was born (and no it wasn't gas). Giggling, at probably 2 months. It sounds like she is about to cry, but she is smiling. Rolling over, just about a week ago. Sleeping through the night, from midnight last night to ... she still hasn't woken up. I don't really consider that a major accomplishment as it changes from day to day, but I mention because it was really nice last night. I needed it. Some things that she has been working on. She tries to sit up. You can't lean her against your chest as she grunts and squints as she works those abs and pulls herself upright. She can balance by herself for about 5 seconds before she takes a dive (I am there to catch her of course). Grabbing, she loves to really access her toys and really analizes every inch of it. Part of that is her grabbing and gripping, which my hair will tell you is getting stronger every day. And of course her babbling, which sounds more like two cats fighting. With Kynan, his babbles were so low and deep compared to high pitch squeels. Every day I feel so blessed to have such an incredible little girl. She is so laid back and forgiving. Especially with Kynan. He could accidently 'love on her too hard', and she let out a little squeek, but then quickly smile at her big bro. She adores Dana and last night at midnight when she woke up to nurse (Dana and I were still up), she unlatched after she was done and stared and smiled at Dana who was sitting next to me. She doesn't really like to cuddle with me, but will snuggle right into Dana's big strong arms. I have to agree with her, that is one of my favorite places to be too. So Happy 4 Months Baby Girl. We love you and are totally amazed by you every day.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She's so sweet. I see a lot of Kynan in her smile.

Trisha said...

I love seeing new pictures of her. That one is so cute of her smiling. It is so sweet to hear about how well Kynan and her get along... love it =) Love you Susan *hugs* from Trisha & Greg