Saturday, April 11, 2009

Things That Make You Wanna...

This week with talking to my sister-in-law, I was "encouraged" to start blogging again. I have to admit that I have missed just documenting the little treasured moments with my children. One thing about the internet is that it's always there. So I have decided to take it back up, but with less pressure than before. No pressure to write 5 times a week. No pressure as to what I am writing. And no pressure as to who is reading. After all, I am sure I have 'zero' readers after my sabbatical.

To get back into the swing of things, I wanted to share something that happened a few nights ago with Kynan. It was bed time, and we were getting all tucked in, when he took off his shirt, laid on his belly, and asked for a back "message". I smiled and commenced rubbing his back, when he quickly stopped me to remind me to use the lotion. I giggled to myself, and then started telling him how I use to do this all the time when we was just a little baby and how he loved it. He nonchalantly says to me: "I know. I liked it." Which makes me smile even bigger. When I was done and about to kiss him goodnight, he asked if I wanted one. Does he not just melt your heart? Kynan is definitely my lovey dovey son lately, filled with hugs and kisses. He often tells me he is going to take care of me and the baby, brings me cars when I am not feeling better (because those always make him feel better), and holds on a little tighter during our traditional afternoon nap together in Mommy's bed. It's things like this that make me want to blog again and share what amazing children I have.

Happy Easter and God Bless.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Happy Easter Susie, Dana, Kynan, Ava, and the new little-one-on-the-way :)

I am so happy to see you on here again, I love reading stories about the kids. No pressure- just write when you want to.

Love you!

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

Oops, I hit 'publish' twice...

Jen Wilson said...

It's stories like that that make me keep blogging. I want to remember all those little stories!!

Bloggy Mama said...

Oh yay. Blessed Easter, Susie.

Tiffany said...

Kynan is so sweet. Cherish these moments because he is growing up so fast. I'm glad your back.