Saturday, April 18, 2009

When Mom's Away... The Kids Will Play

Tonight was 'Gir;s Night' so when 7 rolled around, I strolled upstairs for my weekly date with the gals. Of course, being the excellent wife I am, didn't think twice about leaving my rambunctious children, who were at the time in the bath, with my exhausted and extremely tired husband. When I got home around midnight, I walked into a dreary looking Dana. Then he spilled what had happened only a few hours before. Kinda went like this.

Dana said while the kids were bathing, he decided to call Telus and activate his new (but used) phone as his old one had kicked the bucket (for all you worry warts out there- he of course was keeping a close eye on the water babies). He said he heard splashing and went in several times with warnings. Five minutes later, a naked Kynan is spinning around the apartment with no Ava in sight. He shouted at Kynan to go back in to the bathroom and put the toys away and help soap of some of the water. To which Kynan, who has been a delight the past few days (heavy sarcasm), said a prompt "NO". Dana asked again, and Kynan told him he didn't want to go in the "dirty" water. Dana went into find Ava in the tub (totally content) in a big tub of poohie water. That's right, Ava pooped in the tub.

At this point in his story, I am laughing pretty hard. I feel a tiny bit bad Dana, but I am laughing at how udderly disturbing to Dana this is. I think about the many times I have cleaned poohie water, or pukie beds. It just makes me laugh.

Anyways, after cleaning out the tub and Ava, both this kids I guess refused to go to bed. Dana fought with them until 10:30pm. I guess he finally broke their will as they were sleeping peacefully when I got home. But I guess it just goes to show that when mom's away, the kids will play.

Needless to say, Dana crashed. And I am sure he didn't appreciate my laughing either, but who wouldn't given the circumstances.

Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

haha!! fun times while mom's away.

Kathy said...

Poor Dana!

Carleen said...

Such is Parenthood. :)
A lazy day in Summerland today, Allan was at a gun course with Phil and Adam all day. I watched Shalane play ball. Went to Penticton to do chores, then worked in the back yard. Cooked a yummy chicken dinner...hope your day was relaxing also! :)

Trisha said...

That is a cute story Susie. I don't blame Kynan for getting out of the bathtub!