Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cravings....




A good friend of mine just gave birth to her baby son, Trustin Emmanuel. He is perfect, she looks beautiful and I can't wait to see her next week. Last week, we were talking at our MOPS outing to It's a Blast. I laughed as we swapped stories of cravings. I shared that I have been craving a White Spot Chicken Supreme Burger for about a month now (only available in BC). She looked at me all serious and asked me to describe in detail. As I gave her a full description, both our mouths began to water and then we burst out laughing. I thought it was pretty funny. Outside my burger craving and the occasional ice cream craze, most of my cravings have been rather healthy. Like crispy veggies (no dip just the veg), chicken and lettuce sandwiches (seriously, I ate 3 in one sitting last week), and pickles (which is odd for me as I don't typically like pickles). My belly seems to be growing at warp speed. Some of you may be asking, why no belly shots yet? Well, while many of the moms-to-be have a tight perfect baby bump, mine is much more blubbery, stretch mark invested, with no belly button pop. I will work up some courage to do some bear belly shots. And soon I will post some other pictures.

Anyways, the biggest thing on my mind regarding the pregnancy has been heartbeat. I know this sounds silly and Dana has been constantly reassuring me, but ever since reading about another friend's worry of her own baby (which turned out great once she hit her 16 week appointment) I have been worrying. Laying extra still to try and catch a movement, being extra cautious in pools, and even getting Dana to put his ear to my belly. I know, slightly insane, but I worry. My next appointment is in a week, which seems like an eternity away. I just want to make sure everything is coming along ok. And is silly as this sound, with every day that I feel nauseous, I am thankful for that one little clue that things are fine. But please say a prayer for me and bambino anyways.

That's it. I'm out. It's 2am, Dana is snoring so loud I can hear him two rooms away, and I have to be up in 5 hours. So beddy by for me. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

ACK!! Sorry to pass on my worries. I'm praying for your belly, too. That your little one's heartbeat will be strong and that he/she will be kickin' you to let you know that they are lively and fine. :) Peace, Susie.

Jen Wilson said...

I totally know that worry. I hope that your appointment comes QUICKLY!