Friday, April 17, 2009

A Thankful Heart, Slightly Clouded...

I thought I would post an update about our lives.... of course post about the kids is what you really want, but this is what happened yesterday.

We have been desperately trying to find an affordable larger place to live over the last few months, especially finding out about bambino #3. We have applied to several places, but as it is in most places, nobody is moving, and rentals are extremely hard to come by. We had a viewing of a 4-plex yesterday, which was my hope to be an answer to prayer. 3 bedrooms, good area, backs onto a green space, but we were sorrily disappointed. The lady who lives there know smokes and the entire place is carpeted. Somehow I don't think they will replace the carpet for us and smoke is a hard thing to get rid of. And we can't risk it with Kynan and his asthma. So I slugged back to the car, cried all afternoon, and felt rather hopeless. But I have to say that God is faithful and he always walks along side us in our sorrow... and always. We had caregroup last night where we talked about giving, and where are treasures are also. It made me ponder why is this SO important to me. We are all healthy, we have a roof over our heads, and food in our bellies. We are extremely blessed to have what we have. It made me have a new found appreciation for my sister-in-law who has been living in a one bedroom loft since before her son was born. It made me think of all the things I took for granted when I had them. Then the group prayed for Dana and I as a couple and I felt a weight being lifted. I came home, wondering where do we go from here. I called my mom, and I felt incredibly lifted after talking to her. She encouraged me to stay strong, and these hard times draw you closer to each other (and the Lord) if you let it, and that there are always options.

So today I contacted a realtor back in Summerland to start putting some possible prices together for our lot that will make competitive without us losing a ton. If we can sell the lot it will free us up to buy something here with sound mind. So I think there is where are efforts are going to lie for now. All other rental doors have been opened and now we just need to pray for patience, perspective in the day to day, and solutions. So if the mood swings you (and even if it doesn't) please please send a little prayer ups for our family as we wait upon the Lord to work.

Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

praying....

Jen Wilson said...

Definitely will. I'm struggling with the same thing - wanting a bigger (and better) place for our family to live - with the girls in their own bedrooms. Maybe it's not a necessity though.

I hope your lot sells quickly :)