Monday, July 28, 2008

WARNING **Gush**

Tonight I would like to talk about a very special man in my life. He truly completes me in every meaning of the word. He is my soul mate, my best friend, my husband Dana. He just celebrated his 27th Birthday. It's so hard to believe that he is nearing the BIG 3-0! It still feels like we are sitting on his mom's couch, sharing a tub of ice cream or 5 cent candies, watching whatever new movie I talked him into seeing. I still feel like I have to be home by 11pm and that my mom will get mad if she walks in and doesn't see two feet on the floor (wink wink). Time really hasn't changed my love for him or how I look at him. Sure there are a few greys speckling through his gorgeous hair, he runs a little slower, and his pants are a little tighter, but he still is the heart throb I whispered to my girlfriend I would marry one day.

Dana and I's marriage is far from perfect. We fight passionately, I yell, he looks sternly. He always says "We are not fighting, we are disagreeing", but I call it as I see it. We also love passionately, laughing and making love (gush-sorry). I wouldn't change it for anything. It's real. It's raw. It's us. Just like we are ever changing, so is our marriage and our love for one another.

This man that married, for infinity (our corny saying), is forever putting people above himself. Even if someone has wronged him or mistreated him, he is quick to forgive AND forget. He is generous with the little we have to give, often telling me "What would Jesus do, Susie". How can you argue with that? He is generous with "things", his time, and himself. He truly does pour himself into people. While saying all this, he is not a door mat. He is a strong, confident man. One who I am proud our son watches every day. He makes decisions carefully, and stands by them. He does what has to be done. He is a provider of stability and love to our little nest. He is a Godly, wonderful man.

My rock, my everything. When everything in the world is going wrong, he's always going right. My hero in the sun and warrior in the rain. How did I ever get this lucky to end up with him.

Happy Birthday, Dana.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Awww what a sweet post :) I am so glad you guys have such a close, loving, and mature relationship!

Bloggy Mama said...

Totally sweet post. Happy Birthday, Dana!

Chiroman said...

I really liked that post Suzy! Yes, it is hard to believe he is nearly thirty.