Monday, July 14, 2008

Wordy

The weekend quickly passed and was filled with hard work and blissful sunshine. Dana and I have been diligently working on our little basement suite to make it a home: painting, new lighting, new ceiling tile, and pictures up on the wall. We are not quite done, but when we are I will post some before and after shots A Modern Life. We did manage to get some beach and water park time in. Dana LOVED it and I think it is his first time out this year!

The weekend has been filled emotions, excitement, sadness, uncertainty, ect... as we contemplate something that has been laid on our hearts. I'm not ready to share what it is yet, but just wanted to share that it has been weighing me down emotionally. And Dana. Please pray if you are in to that.

The kids are doing wonderful. Ava is actually walking. I can't believe it, but she is. It really started when we went to the coast to visit Grandpa Mike, Yaya and Uncle Jared. It seemed like that weekend she was talking more and walking more. She still crawls, but she is definately making the effort to walk. As for Kynan, he is doing good. I think he still misses his buddies from Regina and asks for them alot. Lately, he has been asking to go there. Whenever we get around kids, he goes wild- like a monkey let loose with his friends. And some of the things he says are pretty funny. I love his somewhat new saying "I just love you, Mom!". Dana is also ok, other than the thoughts that perplex his mind. He is learning many new and exciting automation techniques at his new job. He LOVES the company he is working for, but I don't think that fills him as much as it use to. I think his heart has been touched when we were in Regina, to possibly look into ministry or something like that. His job is great, and pays our bills, and his boss is amazing with Dana. Ministry just may be his passion?!?!? One never knows. As for me, I am ok. I was working on this conference that was to be hosted at the beginning of the month, but due to a lack of registrations we had to cancel. I know I did everything I could for the organisation I was working for, but I still can't help, but feel bad about it. However, I couldn't have done a too bad of a job because they asked me to stay on until the fall and possibly longer. I am also working some evenings at the local teen center supervising. It is not the most challenging of jobs, but it enables me to stay at home with the kids and gives us a little more money to sock away for the house. I am looking into applying for some 'event/ wedding planning companies'. With all the weddings that have been happening lately, I can't help but feel excited and Dana says I should try it. It has been something I have always talked about, but never knew how to get into it so we will see. Other than that, my heart still urnes for Regina. I am sure most of you are sick of hearing about it, but it has been something on my heart. We love Summerland, but it is odd how quickly Regina became home for us. I just pray that God will continue to show us his will and path for us and that Dana and I have the strength to follow it.

Well, that's pretty much my update. I guess I should post some pictures so this doesn't become one of those awful "wordy" blogs. Hope you all had a great weekend, and hope you have a great week.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You know me - I'm dying to know what this thing is on your mind.

yay! for Ava walking. Craziness!

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm with Jen. I'll be praying for you guys.

Kaili said...

I am also curious.
I loved seeing Ava walking the other night. She is such a sweetie!
Got your message this morning. We had a crazy day. Then were at Audrey's till Jaia's bed time.
I work the next 3 mornings. But maybe Friday morning we could get together at the beach. Jaia would love to see Kynan. He has been asking about him.
Let me know if that would work.

Sue said...

I think Dana would be a great minister! It would be quite a lively place to be, you four would be a great young family at a church. I'm sure you'd have alot of young people join and enjoy the experience.

Can Dana take night school courses?

Congrats to you for you job and to Ava for "traveling forth"!