Thursday, April 22, 2010

There are moments...



There are moments that I look back on decisions made and events passed that have led us to here, and wonder what it would have been like...



What it would have been like if we chose to live near family. All that comes with it. The love and support with raising children, the relationships being formed in these little lives, the traditions celebrated and embraced, the moments... Those little ones where life happens.



This last week I have the 'ping' in my heart for family. I have wanted to just through the kids in the van for road trip. To play cards and talk with my mom, go for the Emu walk with Baba, to watch cousins play, and be surrounded by family.



We are so blessed where we live to be surrounded by friends who loves us and our kids. Who really have welcomed us into their homes and who loves us unconditionally... but there is something to be said about family, these people who God predestined us to be connected to for our entire lives. Regardless of geographical location, or marriage status, or even if you are 'liked'..... we are a family. There is something so beautiful about that.



I guess my goal in sharing this is that even though Dana and I chose to live at a distance and we are affirmed in that choice daily, we do wish to convey that love we hold for our dear family who loves us across prairies, over mountains, through foothills. You are missed very much and there are days we wish you were just a walk away.




God bless you.




Not much more I can say. Even as I type this, tears fill my eyes. Someone told me today that it is okay to miss 'home' and be happy here. But I DO miss you very much and long for the next time we will embrace.



I love this song! I feel like it is our entourage to our family. I hope you like it too.

4 comments:

Carleen said...

BELIEVE me we miss you 5 too!
Yes it is the little everyday things...lost teeth, Emu Walks, hugs and kisses...I could go on and on as you know, but as I have said before we ALL have choices we make in our lives.
Love you ALL!
Mom X
Carleen X
Baba XXX

Carleen said...

I miss you ALL everyday :)

Bloggy Mama said...

Thinking of you, Susie. May your love be strong enough to cross the miles, always.

Trisha said...

Susie, we miss you guys and think of you guys almost everyday too! Thank-you for our heartfelt visit in Medicine Hat, it was wonderful. Thank-you again so very much for the gorgeous photos of Alayna, I look at them everyday and it reminds me of our visit.
Trisha
PS I listened to the song and it brought tears to my eyes.
Love you all!