Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear Dana

Today I was driving home and this song came on the radio. It made me think of you. And us. And the fifty (or more) years that we get to spend together. It made me think of all the reasons I love you.

It made me think of the times that we use to rent movies and sit on your mom's couch, eat ice cream, and talk. The times when I would stare at your house on the hill from my friends window and think to myself, "I'm gonna marry him one day" (before you even knew I wanted you). It made me think of our love story and how it has unfolded over the years. How many have had their doubts, but we had each other. Some thought that 16 was too young to fall in love and find forever, but I found it in you.

I love what you said to me when you knew it was forever..."infinity". Etched in my mind is the moment you stole my breath away with our first kiss. Little did you know that I actually had dreamed of that kiss every night for over a year before it actually happened. Our romance felt like a tornado fueled by passion. Feels like. I loved watching you hold baby Jalana, and knowing in my heart that one day you would be the father of my children. Little did I know (and still know) how many there would be ;)

I love that look at my with your adoring eyes and make me feel like the most beautiful woman that you have ever laid eyes on. Even when I don't think I am, you make me feel like I am. I love that you search for my hand when we walk side by side. I love that you feel like you have to protect me from people and situations. I love the way you pray for me everynight. I love when you are planning a surprise for me. You can't hide you excitement. While I may not know the exact details, I know something is coming... and I love that.

I love that we can laugh, cry, get angry, and feel passion all in one night. I know that forever means forever with you.

I love how you father our children. The strong man you are for our family. And for me. And even through my selfishness you love me. I love your heart. Your heart for others and for the world. If only people could glimpse what I see, they too would know how much they are loves. I love having God fearing husband who is not afraid of his faith. I love walking this journey of faith with you.

My heart is sick with love you. Even when I feel like there are a million things you could have done today to make me less mad at you... I love you. I can't stand to be mad at you. I love how that's ok with you. I love that you know me so well you can read me like a book. Better than I read myself.

You know instinctively what I need and when I need it. And while I may not always agree with you, you almost always are right.

I love that when faced adversity and people telling you that chose wrong, you still chose me. I will be forever grateful for that you have no idea.

I love you smile, the lines around your eyes, you freckles, your chest (hair and all). I love the gray hairs that are starting to speckle your profile. I love you smell.

I am so blessed to be able to spend eternity with. An eternity with someone who God designed specifically to compliment me in every way. Someone who will love me unconditionally, someone to laugh with, to cry with, someone to hold me, to protect me, to heal me, to uplift me. Someone to challenge me, to stretch me, to shape me, to guide me. Someone to love passionately. Selflessly. Carelessly. Completely.

I am blessed to be your wife. And I love you for infinity.

Love Me xoxox

3 comments:

kelle said...

What a beautiful post Susie! You are truly blessed.

Jen said...

I'm actually in tears. That was so sweet. Blessed indeed!

Bloggy Mama said...

What wonderful words. Blessings to you two and your family!