Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where Did the Time Go?


When it all started.....

I thought he would be small forever.

But time kept quickly passing...


and some where along the way...

he grew into a little boy.

Where did the time go?

And now on Tuesday, he passes one of life's major milestones. He goes to school. I am watching him right now playing with his sister, guiding her along, being so encouraging. I'm fighting back the tears. It is a happy moment in our lives, but I can't help but think of him as my little butter bean. He is a little boy now, but soon her will be a big boy, a teenager and then man. Where does the time go?

I am very excited about the preschool we chose. It is a Christian based school at the local Lutheran Church. The people seem friendly and the classrooms are fun. They pray every day, have chapel once a week, talk about God's creations like colours and animals. They have outdoor time and rhyme time. It's a perfect fit.

My little boy is growing up right before my eyes and wonderful human being he is growing into.

6 comments:

Kaili said...

What a little stinker, can't wait to hear about his first day! Remember to get pictures.
We'll miss you guys tonight at G'pa's b-day dinner.
happy Thanksgiving!

Sue said...

Wow! Where does the time go!

Look forward to hearing how Kynan likes school and his other activities!

Glad everyone is settling in.

Carleen said...

Dana just wrote to say you got snow? Weren't you guys in shorts the other day? Much like Toronto was!
Well we are pretty much organized at Shalane and Phil's...it looks amazing they and Allan did a wonderful job!
Jaia is chilling here with me right now as Kaili and Rob shoot Joel's Wedding up at the Gardens right now...so sunny out for them too....
Love all around!

Carleen*

Bloggy Mama said...

So exciting!!! I hope that it's a good first day!

Lindsay said...

Hey, I thought it was really cool to meet you in person. You are a gorgeous woman and I'm glad your back in Regina.

Yeah for school. Have fun in this new stage!

ladybird39pm said...

Hi Susy.

i loved being with Kynan on Sunday.I got to know hiw a wee bit as I watched him play upstairs and interact with him. I hope you didn't mine . I whiped his bum after he went to the bathroom . I asked him If I could. he seemed very comfortable with me. Then he came to me awholr later and cuddled up to me. I got the feeling he wanted to ask me something. I asked him if he was hungry and he said yes, we invaded Peggys fridge and made a cheese sandwich for him. I could easily become his great Grannie.
Susy Give me you e mail address and when I get to Texas will e mail the picture of the hat I want to knit for you. and Tiffany/ I know Kynans favotite color is red so a red hat it will be for him.

Does Dana wear knitted hat and what color? for him and your daughter.

Grannie ladybird39pm@gmail.com