Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Quick Update

I just got back from Victoria, where I went for work. It was hugely successful and I am so excited to see what unfolds as this process continues. I am working by contract for Community Youth Development Coalition of BC. It is an organization that identifies, encourages and supports initiatives around the province that are committed to positive youth development. My job is personal relations, administration, and overall management. It is pretty exciting and the best part is that I can do it from home.

Ava is the cutest little girl. She says 'thank you', 'please', 'monkey' (and she makes monkey noises). She is talking alot. She follows Kynan everywhere and loves it when he plays cars with her. She is gentle and sweet when she wants to be, but is still very independent. She LOVES shoes and is always trying them on no matter how big or small. She also loves the water. So much so that she thinks she can swim on her own. We can't get her out of the bath without a fight and have to hold on tight when we go to the pool.

Kynan is doing well too. I truly believe he is ready for school. His memorization is amazing. He will hear a song once and be able to sing along the next time. Mind you, he is singing the songs that Dana and I listen to which I think is neat but also makes him sound really grown up. We recently bought him dress shoes for my brothers wedding and he calls them his magic dancing shoes and then goes wild dancing.

Dana has still not found a job in SASK but is on the hunt. We have faith that everything will work out. I am not too sure what is happening with the lot, but we have only had two calls on it. Please pray for us in selling it. The market is stale so it would take a miracle to make it happen. We pray daily.

As for me I am packing, and getting ready for the move. It seems to be coming so fast and every night until we leave we are busy. It seemed we had nothing planned until about a week ago and then all of a sudden I think people clued in that we only had one more week here. Tonight we are doing some family pictures with Rob, Kaili, Phil, Sha, Carleena and Al (Dana's fam) and the dinner, tomorrow is Greys' Anatomy at Kaili's, Dana is going for dinner with his sisters on Friday, Saturday we have a lunch date with grandparents and then dinner with friends, and Sunday is loading the truck and saying goodbyes. Monday we leave bright and early.

That's the update. If you don't hear from me you know what I will be doing. The next time I write I will be a Saskaberry!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It came so quickly! wow.

Ava sounds like Josie. Josie puts on everyone's shoes and also does a pretty cute monkey impersonation. ;)

wandi said...

Am praying for you and look forward to seeing you when you get here. There are many people that feel the same way. God bless you and pray all goes well. Can't wait to see you.