Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The McCallum Bulletien


I only have a few pictures of Kynan as it seem like lately he doesn't like getting his picture taken. He is way too busy playing! Here he is waiting blow some bubbles.
Ava on the other hand has turned a new leaf and loves getting her picture taken. She usually asks to see it once we are done. She is growing so fast and I am sure before I know it she will be a little princess girl running after boys, giving her dad a heart attack.


The leading story for this bulletien is that we found an apartment! So our official move date is Sept 29th. We have poccession of our new little (and I mean little) abode as of Oct 1st, but we were thinking of detouring to Drumeller on the way there for Mr. K! Last time we stopped at the Calgary Zoo and he LOVED it. We are hoping to rent for a bit while we house hunt.

I am stressed, slightly- LOL, so I have been breaking out like crazy lately. And I mean zit factory over here. I am so frustrated because my brother's wedding is in a week and a half and I don't want to introduce myself as "Hi, am Pizzaface, Greg's sister". I also got a bad cold am in bed right now feeling achey and snotty. Is this painting a wonderful visual for you??? I'm sorry, I'll stop.

We just got back from the coast and had a wonderful visit with Mike, Suzanne and Jared. We also got to have dinner and a swim at Aunty Dorthea's place. And squeezed in a quick, but pleasant visit with Aunty Dot and John. It was really nice to escape for the weekend. Played some wii with Jared. I kicked his butt at bowling, but then he punched me out at boxing. I say we were even. Had super yummy angel food cake for his birthday and the kids got to go to Castle Fun Park for a bunch of games. We had a wonderful visit with great talks and loads of laughs.

That's it really in the news department. As the next two weeks unravel with all the wedding stuff, I am sure I will be pretty busy.

Oh, yeah! On the 28th, we all said so long to a long time blogger buddy, Kaili. She will be missed and her words will echo in our hearts forever. I'll still see her and talk to her often, but I loved reading her blog and she was the reason I started blogging so there you go.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Great that you found an apartment! I'm going to e-mail you for more details. :)

Enjoy the wedding and your last few weeks in Summerland! 26 days until you move. Crazy!

Kaili said...

Sounds like I died! Yikes!
Glad you guys had a good visit on the coast!

Jen said...

I thought the same thing Kaili. hahaha. I was like "Did Kaili die or just stop blogging?"

Susie said...

Whatever.... I was just saying that I will miss your blog.....

Sue said...

Glad you guys had a fun time down here at the coast. We had a fun time hanging out, having our chats and laughing too! It was our holiday story wasn't it?????

Good to hear you've found a place, how exciting! That's a great idea to tour the Royal Tyrell Museum, remember to rent the wands for listening - best way to go.

And yes, sorry to hear about the "pizza face thing", stress is a bit of a brutal thing isn't it. Try steaming your face with a large pot of chamomile tea. (I just put some water in pot - about half with some loose chamomile tea (I use organic but I'm sure regular loose will be fine)bring it to a boil, put the hot pot on a trivet, put a towel over your head and the pot and steam away. Remember to breathe deep. I used it yesterday for my sore throat. It will help with your snotty congestion and it will help in the skin area too. The Romans did it regularly.

Have fun! :)