Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Smells like Bread...

The kids are finally asleep, Dana went to bed early, and I just finished doing my last chore. The bread is baking, floors washed, dishes done. I'm done. I am listening to my iPod that I got for Valentines' Day for the 2nd time. Sad, I know, but oh so nice. And I am in the mood to write. Can you tell? So, I thought I would give an accurate and complete update of everyone in our home. Including funny anecdotes, new occurrences, and lots of love.

Let's start with Dana. He has been in bed since 4:30pm. No joke. He is not feeling well, and he rarely gets sick, but it always seems when it hits him it hits him hard. So we had soup and buns for dinner, complete with ginger ale and vitamins. He never left the room. But other than that he is doing great and really enjoying work. He is always coming home telling me something about how God used him that day. I have to say I enjoy his enthusiasm, especially at the end of a long day with the kids. He also is in a Men's Bible study that seems to be growing in numbers. They are going through something like "Attributes of a Man". I'm not sure, but they discuss everything from Accountability to Purpose. I usually hide in my room when they are over so I am not sure all of the goings on, but I do know that Dana really likes it. He also sings almost every weekend at church, and sounds quite heavenly if I do say so. I love watching him up on stage, leading others into worship, including me. I am so proud of this man, often runs through my mind. I am so thankful for Dana and all he has been to me. My rock, mt partner, my lover, my everything. Truly everything in the last little while. My back has been so bad, there have been days that he's come home cooked dinner, done laundry, took the kids to the park, bathed them, and given me a message. Slightly pampered, yes I think so. We lean on each other and depend on each other to give us strength when the other doesn't have it. I think of these times as great bonding adhesive. LOL.

As for the kidlets, which is probably who you want to here about, they are mischievous, growing, and determined. They always seem to be on the go, even when we stay at home all day. Always here or there in the house, doing this or that. Kynan is so big and reminds me everyday that he is a Big Boy. He is always saying "I can do it myself" and " Let me try" and "Can I help?" The only time this is frustrating is when you are in a rush, but other than that I welcome the extra help and encourage him to help (even if it makes a little more mess). He also says "I will be 5 soon", which makes me giggle... and choke. What do you mean 5! Where did the time go. Kynan enjoys running through the sprinkler, his water shark, freezies, riding his bike his Daddy sprayed for him (and found in a dumpster... don't ask), monster trucks (Still), puzzles, reading, church, friends, and singing praise songs at the top of his longs. Seriously, all the time, he is singing. I love it.

Ava is a big girl too, complete with a big girl room, big girl underwear and big girl potty. She is just as determined as Kynan, but even more forceful when she demands, "NO! I do it!" and yanks it away (whatever 'it' is). She is still working on the potty thing, but seems to be very interested in it and her new book called 'Once Upon a Potty' which actually shows all the proper parts. Ava now loves pointing out her bum hole. She has fallen madly in love with the book Jillian Jiggs and asks me to read it to her everynight. We even had to go buy our own copy so she would let us return the library's copy. I know the book off my heart now.... "A long time ago when she was quite small, Jillian Jiggs wore nothing at all!" Hay, maybe that's why Ava likes to run around naked! LOL. She loves playing baby, dress up, watching Kynan run through the sprinkler and ride his bike, she loves freezies too, and most food in general. She smiles and says thank you more and more. "Thank you mommy" is enough to melt your heart coming from her sweet lips. And oh, she loves getting her nails painted. And they have to match mine. I secretly love it too. This little girl keeps me on my toes, makes me frustrated one minute and completely melted the next. I'm hooked around her finger, but please don't let her know that.

As for me, I am going and growing. The days seem to blur into each other running after Kynan and Ava, that I sometimes forget about #3 inside. Who has taken to sitting on my tale bone and kicking my groin to get me to slow down. Can you blame them, but still.... COME on! It only seems to kick at night, or that's the only time I am still enough to feel it. My photography class is done and I did a mock photo shoot for some friends and their daughter's graduation night. It was fun, humbling and completely exhausting. I am no professional, for sure. But I will say, on the way home, after feeling completely deflated that things didn't go perfectly as planned or that I didn't have as much control over my camera as I would have liked, I did feel the holy spirit encourage me. Just saying, hang in there, continue to learn and grow and you will succeed. For me, that was big. As I tend to davel in a lot of interests and say I am going to many of them professionally, but I never follow through. I know it's a long LONG ways away, but maybe this is one that will stick. But that's really it. Nothing much else with me. Looking for Dana being home tomorrow and going to the beach with some friends.... that is if Dana is looking less green and more peachy.

Pictures of Ava's room, decorative touches, my somewhat growing garden (yay, I know), photo shoot samples. Coming soon.

2 comments:

wandi said...

All I can say is.... What a wonderful family and I'm so happy that you are a part of our extended family!!!!

Bloggy Mama said...

Excellent. Hang in there Susie. It sounds like you are full of love. Bless you.